forum updates

oskari
Site Admin

forum updates

Post by oskari »

I switched to the newest versions of php and phpbb (old ones weren't supported anymore) so tell me if there are any problems. I had to disable most of the themes.
HerrFornit

Re: forum updates

Post by HerrFornit »

works fine. Just the theme was set to prosilver. No problem my flat theme is still there. Thanx a lot!
IXix

Post by IXix »

Seems fine here. Thanks for updating. :)
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Works good here.Thanks for update.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Perfect.
Just miss the theme I used (I like dark theme).
Thanks!!
polac

Post by polac »

Nice, no problems yet. :)
mute

Post by mute »

registration for new users is missing .. people brought it up on a facebook group, they can't create an account
mute

Post by mute »

mute wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:33 pm registration for new users is missing .. people brought it up on a facebook group, they can't create an account
also....

If you look at the moderator log, you can see lists of spam bots i've banned over the past couple years... mcp.php?i=145 (mods only link)

i still see the banned users in the member list. im pretty sure they used to be hidden from the members list prior to the update. maybe it's an option somewhere?
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

i'm hesitant to enable new users because of what you said. it got a little out of hand at some point.
mute

Post by mute »

captcha? doesn't phpbb have an easy way to implement one of the newer ones? or maybe we can do moderator approval?
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

there was captcha but the bots figured it out eventually. moderator approval would be nice but there doesn't seem to be such option. i changed it to "by admin" for now.
mute

Post by mute »

i'll let people know..

was hoping one of the newer captcha things could be done.. like the sliders or put the image in order kind of thing. not possible? haven't googled myself to look.. this is phpbb3 right?
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Thanx a lot Oskari and mute for registration option! :dance: :dance:

I created a testtesttest user for test purpose because at dischord channel a user reported a registration error. Please ignore this testuser. Worked so far!

I
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

mute wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:46 pm was hoping one of the newer captcha things could be done.. like the sliders or put the image in order kind of thing. not possible? haven't googled myself to look.. this is phpbb3 right?
If this is the latest phpBB (3.3.x) then yeah there should be reCaptcha v3 (ACP -> General -> Spambot Countermeasures). I have it enabled on my forum, though unfortunately some bots still weasel their way in so some manual culling is still required
mute

Post by mute »

mcbpete wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:42 pm
mute wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:46 pm was hoping one of the newer captcha things could be done.. like the sliders or put the image in order kind of thing. not possible? haven't googled myself to look.. this is phpbb3 right?
If this is the latest phpBB (3.3.x) then yeah there should be reCaptcha v3 (ACP -> General -> Spambot Countermeasures). I have it enabled on my forum, though unfortunately some bots still weasel their way in so some manual culling is still required
That would be ideal.

@Oskari .. i sent you a priv msg of ppl who have said they sent registration requests
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

I changed it to reCaptcha v3. Try registering again.