Very loud Output in Buzz

F-André

Very loud Output in Buzz

Post by F-André »

Hi im currently exporting old Songs from Buzz to make them available on online platforms
Im using Buzz x.64 and the Multitrack writer.

i tried different settings but the single track are often extremly loud...
i changed the audio driver to see if there is something happened but with no luck.

is there a workaround or known issue? i never experienced such a behaviour on older version of windows (using now Win 10, i startet with Windows98 SE)

one of the biggest difference was a track that had a gain effect pushing the machine to 240%! now i could remove the gain and reduce the volume to around 30% input into the mwtr

Thanks
mridlen

Re: Very loud Output in Buzz

Post by mridlen »

So normally I put everything through a mixer before sending it to mtw. Then I take all the tracks back out of the mixer and put them into mtw tracks. Then they all go into a cheapo amp, and then mastering. Here's an image of my workflow.
Buzz_MTW_Output_Example.png
Buzz_MTW_Output_Example.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 1369 times
F-André

Post by F-André »

Nice setup. i never got mixo to wokr i think... maybe i need to invest more time into it
thank you
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I don't know if it's compatible with 64-bit Buzz.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Nice, looks really cool. I have a similarly complex setup with a lot of gain staging and distortion. At the end I run everything into a limiter, I would definitely recommend it. The included Jeskola limiter is good, but there are many other good options. I have not yet come to the conclusion that 64bit Buzz is of much help in any way. I get very high performance in a demanding setup with 32bit buzz, but perhaps there are some reasons to use it of which I am not aware.

Shoutout to MixIO, amazing machine, I use it everywhere.