ReBuzz

HerrFornit

Re: ReBuzz

Post by HerrFornit »

Thanx al lot for the horizontal sequencer. Here it stutters very much and it slows down more and more. Vertical view is working well. EDIT: That was with an old song, not all VSTs correctly loaded. With a new small test song its looks ok. ;)
v1767, W11, Intel.

EDIT:
msvcr100.dll was missig at fresh installation here. After installation of old c++ restributable it was ok. Fresh buzz users may be disencouraged by this. How about adding these dll(s) to installation procedure?

Edit2:
Can anybody explain the engine settings in the prefs please? High mixIO CPU usage, even more with 8 instead of 2 audio threads. Song just loaded, not playing and fans are going up! (that was with cancel VST file requester!)
Screenshot 2024-08-25 234726.png
Screenshot 2024-08-25 234726.png (100.99 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
EDIT3:
This is showing by pressing the paste icon without anything to paste.
Screenshot 2024-08-26 001126.png
Screenshot 2024-08-26 001126.png (6.66 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
Edit4:
-After opening the right click context menu of the machine/VST, the menu keeps open in the foreground. Opening and closing vst needs a long time with blue circle.
- Closing the VST looses the focus of buzz, moving ReBuzz into background.
- VSTs of old songs are not loaded although the vst is listed in the machine list (as in old buzz (?)). By clicking the (not loaded) VST the file requester opens and cancel hangs. Chossing the VST file hangs, too.
Can this behaviour be changed, please? Its really a lot of clicks to load all that VST again of old songs (looking for new paths of the VST automatically)?
- In machine view: copy and paste machine chains always point to the centre of the screen although there is no master anymore. I prefer to keep the original copied stucture of the machine chain.
- File name/-path disappears in full sized windows mode (as the closing cross does)
- By importing song in machine view this shows up:
Screenshot 2024-08-26 001126.png
Screenshot 2024-08-26 001126.png (42.28 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
- then undo after song import error message, too

Thanx so much!!
Last edited by HerrFornit on Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

after loading old song (s. buzztunes) and cancel missing VSTs, at end of loading song:
Screenshot 2024-08-26 134936.png
Screenshot 2024-08-26 134936.png (179.08 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
Last edited by HerrFornit on Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Horizontal sequence view does show different pattern, compare Note G in channel 3 to horizontal seq picture.
BTW, Personally for me it would be more intuitive to sort the notes from bottom to top = channel 1 to 3 and so on, as you would rotate anticlockwise the vertical pattern ;)
Screenshot seq horz.png
Screenshot seq horz.png (194.32 KiB) Viewed 2336 times
Screenshot pattern.png
Screenshot pattern.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2336 times
Also the vertical view does not match the pattern structures? What I am doing wrong?
Screenshot vertical.png
Screenshot vertical.png (133.02 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

some issues:

*Machine view:
-in settings shadows 'all' vs 'machines' results in different shadows below machines.
-in settings set grid size to 30 and do 'snap machines' results in reconnection of some machines and loss of some machines.
-SIgnal analysis: the 'connection' drop down menu does always show only one option, is that what it has to be?

*sequencer: horizontal view is still buggy, slow motion ;)

'Following playing pattern' is a really great feature! Thanx.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

I have discovered a problem with the "audioblock" (as it seems). If I enable the audioview, I'm not able to move the sliders for changing the width and length of the waveforms anymore, but I'm able to move the sliders, If no wave is loaded..., or am I doing sth wrong?
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Buzztler wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:09 pm I have discovered a problem with the "audioblock" (as it seems). If I enable the audioview, I'm not able to move the sliders for changing the width and length of the waveforms anymore, but I'm able to move the sliders, If no wave is loaded..., or am I doing sth wrong?
Yes, here it happens when both slider are moved to the very right (down in vertical view). I can loosen it again by clicking anywhere left to the upper slider.
Screenshot 2024-09-01 083343.png
Screenshot 2024-09-01 083343.png (258.58 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

After finishing loading song error message, after pressing ok no chrash. ;)
When opened AudioBlock window is not saved (and not reopend when loading) no error message.
Screenshot 2024-09-02 210442.png
Screenshot 2024-09-02 210442.png (333.16 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

After moving the zoom slider in sequencer from the right to the very left this happens:
BTW: its still hard to unfreeze first envelope points :)
Screenshot 2024-09-08 214754.png
Screenshot 2024-09-08 214754.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 465 times
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

No bugreport, just INCREDIBLE !!! :o
Screenshot 2024-09-09 214125.png
Screenshot 2024-09-09 214125.png (199.96 KiB) Viewed 433 times
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

The new toolbar looks really nice. Who made it?
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

It's time to test it :D
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

oskari wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:11 am The new toolbar looks really nice. Who made it?
I think Mirens - viewtopic.php?p=12825
Yeah it's lovely, been my theme for the past few years (well a slightly modified one with the pattern/sequence/wavetable etc, view buttons moved to the right of the File/Edit/etc.... menu as I'm so used to it being that way round!)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Tried last night before bed, not sure if it froze or was still scanning my VSTs but after 50 minutes still on the splash screen with little/no activity on my harddisk light I launched Task Manager and had to force-close the app

@wde - Not sure if it's possible, but would there be any way of making the progress text at the bottom of the splash screen slightly more verbose? I've a silly number of VST2&3s so I think if I waited long enough it probably would've launched but I didn't know what stage the 'Building DB Polac VSTi 1.1' step had got to - is there a ways of getting it to display what plugins are currently being scanned/added so I know if it's actually still processing rather than thinking it's locked up ?
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Is there going to be wavetable support for old machines?
Probably not. Eager developer could do something like:
Extend tracker machines so that they implement their own internal loading/storage for samples.
Reimplement tracker machine in C#
Hard to read that :cry:
I used A LOT SampleGrid (all versions) still in all my songs, well about minimum 75% of it.
As I didnt re-install SGrid 3 atm I dont remember if there was an alternate way of loading samples (still sure it can loads drumkits).
Or if a lovely developer can make something about that, it would be fabulous :dance:
IXix

Post by IXix »

magmavander wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:44 pm I used A LOT SampleGrid (all versions) still in all my songs, well about minimum 75% of it.
As I didnt re-install SGrid 3 atm I dont remember if there was an alternate way of loading samples (still sure it can loads drumkits).
SGrid should still let you load drumkits and there are lots of VST sample players.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

SGrid should still let you load drumkits and there are lots of VST sample players.
Hello IXix, thanks for answering. I forget that you made the SGrid 3 :idea:
My problem is that I used all SGrid versions with wavetable. Means that I will have to rewrite all these drum parts :o
Or to create a Drumkit for each bmx based on the wave in the wavetable.
We'll see...
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

magmavander wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:44 pm
Is there going to be wavetable support for old machines?
Probably not. Eager developer could do something like:
Extend tracker machines so that they implement their own internal loading/storage for samples.
Reimplement tracker machine in C#
Hard to read that :cry:
I used A LOT SampleGrid (all versions) still in all my songs, well about minimum 75% of it.
Or if a lovely developer can make something about that, it would be fabulous :dance:
Yes that's really hard for all that kind of machines, matilde, too i guess. :(
Perhaps somone codes a kind of a wrapper-machine which maps the old to the new wavetable? don't know :?:
wde

ReBuzz is Now Open Source!

Post by wde »

Hello everyone,

Due to time constraints, and on the other hand strong interest towards the project, I’ve decided to open source ReBuzz. This move aims to encourage developers to contribute and help make ReBuzz even more awesome.

How You Can Help
  • Contribute: Whether you’re a seasoned developer or just starting, your contributions are welcome. Check out our GitHub repository for more details.
  • Test and Provide Feedback: Help us improve by testing new features and reporting any issues.
  • Spread the Word: Share this announcement with your network to help us reach more potential contributors.
Thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing your contributions! Maybe someone improves wavetable support ;)
Buzztler

Re: ReBuzz ist now Open Source

Post by Buzztler »

Good Idea, ehm well, and a good date to put it Open Source, Friday 13th should be a good Omen, I hope a lot of developers will join and it get's as successful as "Surge" ... :o :dance:
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Maybe someone improves wavetable support ;)
hallelujah!!! :lol:
Thanks for all the fantastic work and the tenacity ;)
No luck, I am not a coder but I will help with testing.
And spread the world this eternal truth :

Buzz Will Never Die