piano vst

tinga

piano vst

Post by tinga »

A free vsti piano
http://www.supremepiano.com/product/piano1.html

I think it's the best free piano i've found, but maybe just a feeling?
magmavander

Re: piano vst

Post by magmavander »

Yes, really good (thanks to Xaphoid for the link). This one and the mda Piano are top. And they are free :D
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Hey for free that really aint bad at all. I mean, I'm gonna stick with my Pianoteq but if I couldn't have afforded it then that well would've been my piano VSTi of choice ...
Xaphoid

Post by Xaphoid »

Im using that already. Very responsive velocity. worlds better than mda piano or 4front
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

I dont like very much 4Front but to me mda Piano is really great (as mda ePiano) because it have 'personality'.
But I agree that the velocity stuff in Piano1 seems very interesting. I have just tested it to see how it sounds but now I have to use it in a song to have a better overview of it.
Anyway it's cool to have another free quality weapon :mrgreen:
tinga

Post by tinga »

Xaphoid wrote:Im using that already. Very responsive velocity. worlds better than mda piano or 4front
oh, i see, you have posted the link on Buzz Tunes (with a good compo, just playing it), agree with you, no comparison with mda piano or 4front, if you have a keyboard, piano one is really a good surprise, sound has a very good presence, many velocity curves, samples are "only" 150 Mo (mda piano=1Mo waves...), before, i used an old clavinova sf2 with xs1, but now i use sf2 in Corona (because it is tunable and also a very nice sample/sf2 player). Anyway, piano one is now in my very narrow vsti buzz folder.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Yes, thanks for the link, allways appriciated.
I tested this one already and kicked it out again.
The release is not long enough and stops before going down to silence. :roll:
neurohack

Post by neurohack »

I have a bit of a different question about Piano's.

It happens that I have a BMX with a Piano sf2 on XS-1. Now I want to port the patterns to Polac's VSTi with the Piano.
In Pattern XP I can copy the pattern from XS-1 and paste them in in Polac's VSTi, but instead of notes I get values. It's mixed up, Buzz doesn't recognize what's what.
So I tried to export the XS-1 patterns as MIDI, but I think this feature is not yet implemented - since I couldn't find it... Anyway I would like to know if it is possible to port the notes to another machine? The values aren't really important, it's just the notes.

Thnks (I hope I made myself clear - and hi I'm new here ;) )
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

neurohack wrote:I have a bit of a different question about Piano's.

It happens that I have a BMX with a Piano sf2 on XS-1. Now I want to port the patterns to Polac's VSTi with the Piano.
In Pattern XP I can copy the pattern from XS-1 and paste them in in Polac's VSTi, but instead of notes I get values. It's mixed up, Buzz doesn't recognize what's what.
So I tried to export the XS-1 patterns as MIDI, but I think this feature is not yet implemented - since I couldn't find it... Anyway I would like to know if it is possible to port the notes to another machine? The values aren't really important, it's just the notes.

Thnks (I hope I made myself clear - and hi I'm new here ;) )
select the note column only and copy / paste it.
neurohack

Post by neurohack »

Ah yes I know that. It's that some patterns are a bit complex and have a lot of channels. So how about a multi selection, just like you select files with ctrl in explorer. I want to select the note column of channel 1-4 and copy them all at once. If that would be possbile, and a way to designate the 'target' location - a lot of work would be saved.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

neurohack wrote:Ah yes I know that. It's that some patterns are a bit complex and have a lot of channels. So how about a multi selection, just like you select files with ctrl in explorer. I want to select the note column of channel 1-4 and copy them all at once. If that would be possbile, and a way to designate the 'target' location - a lot of work would be saved.
In PXP, hide all columns for XS-1 pattern except "note". Select everything and copy. Switch to Piano One pattern, hide all columns except "note. paste. (just tried it to be absolutely sure I knew what I was talking about - works a charm).