RIP: That piece of music I was working on last night [FIXED]

mute

Re: RIP: That piece of music I was working on last night

Post by mute »

mute wrote:loads fine here.. there are several versions of fsm's machines @ buzzmachines, i would go through those

patterns missing usually has to do with a generator though in my experience.. you sure you re-re-downloaded mtrk?

i'd do this;
update fsm machines
update mtrk
run buzz installer
update polac vst from his site ( http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/beta/pvst_v1.1.10b22.zip )
restart computer
Mozart von Robot

Post by Mozart von Robot »

mute wrote:
mute wrote:loads fine here.. there are several versions of fsm's machines @ buzzmachines, i would go through those

patterns missing usually has to do with a generator though in my experience.. you sure you re-re-downloaded mtrk?

i'd do this;
update fsm machines
update mtrk
run buzz installer
update polac vst from his site ( http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/beta/pvst_v1.1.10b22.zip )
restart computer
I've done those things. Several times. I've got the latest version of PhatMan, all the latest versions of Mtrk that can co-exist, and I've tried every version of Bigyo ParamEQ I could find. I've tried running the Buzz installer, and I've got that exact version of Polac VST.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

temporary move out all the gear (or better yet install a fresh buzz to a different location)
dont add any gear yet.
see if your bmx loads and the stuff is there (it should, machine will show as "missing" but pxp data should be there iirc).
move machines that the bmx uses back 1 by 1.
eventually you'll figure out what it was, or it will just work because you cleaned up the mess made by the bigpack.
you'll have to sort this out the hard way. somebody already suggested this, but now its time to do the work ;)
Mozart von Robot

I uninstalled Buzz, backed up my gear folder, installed a fresh Buzz, and now I'm rebuilding my gear folder from scratch, downloading one machine at a time. The track from the other day now plays fine. Thanks all for the help. Hopefully I'll be able to dig up all the machines I'll need to play most of my stuff.
Mozart von Robot

As an experiment, I tried the pack again, but this time effects first and then generators, instead of everything at once.
There's something in generators that's mucking things up. Even when I don't overwrite. Which seems to mean it's a file that's not even in the project in question. Which is weird. So...warning to all out there. Avoid the latest "giant machine collection" on Buzzmachines. There's something problematic in the Generators folder.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

Mozart von Robot wrote:Avoid the latest "giant machine collection" on Buzzmachines
Ahh. I see you have learned the secret pass-phrase. Now you only need to learn the secret hand signals before we can truly welcome you among the Buzz cognoscenti.
Mozart von Robot

On closer inspection, it looks like the villain here is the fact that there are effects in the generators folder in the pack. Specifically the Bigyo bunch of effects.

Yeah, I'm new here. Been using Buzz since 1999, but I was never part of the community (save for a couple of brief visits to Buzzchurch), so I tend to learn lessons the hard way. I hope to change that, because I have such huge respect for all the developers and would love to learn more about all of this, but I still have some adjusting to do apparently.
flat

Re: RIP: That piece of music I was working on last night [FI

Post by flat »

for future villainies, buzz warns you about that (at the bottom) :
--- Build 1285 - Wednesday, 15 December 2010 21:34:54 UTC
(...)
- "machine installed in wrong directory" warning
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

debug console is helping too.
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

there are some machines btw that are internally tagged as generator although they are effects and vise versa.
but that is a rare case for older machines.
mute

Post by mute »

its firesledge parameq in your bmx btw.. sounds like your sorted your issue out though. fyi on that last post.. i wasn't at home and attempted to post from my phone.. the quote wasn't all i meant to leave.
mute

Post by mute »

strobotone wrote:there are some machines btw that are internally tagged as generator although they are effects and vise versa.
but that is a rare case for older machines.
Oskari uploaded a patched version of Geonik's 2p Filter awhile ago;

viewtopic.php?p=1028#p1028
Mozart von Robot

mute wrote:its firesledge parameq in your bmx btw.. sounds like your sorted your issue out though. fyi on that last post.. i wasn't at home and attempted to post from my phone.. the quote wasn't all i meant to leave.
Actually, it was both FireSledge and Bigyo ParamEQ's, and I had already confirmed that FireSledge was fine. The problem was caused by having a copy of the Bigyo ParamEQ in my Generators folder, as put there by the Buzzmachines Giant Pack.