VST feedback on song load - is anyone else having this issue

deusdiabolus

VST feedback on song load - is anyone else having this issue

Post by deusdiabolus »

I'm not sure exactly when it started (I know it wasn't always there), but recently I've been having this problem with at least one VST feeding back when I have an effect in the chain between it and the mixer. I don't know if it's the VST, the VST wrapper, or something else. Attached find an affected tune, which blasted me with horrible feedback from the mdaPiano/StereoBox channel upon load (I was wearing headphones at the time :shock: ). I have Polac VST 1.1 and I'm using ASIO4ALL as my output driver. Buzz build is 1465 (although this has been occurring through the last 4 or 5 builds or so)
Attachments
ACertainCharm.zip
(144.24 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Klangkulisse

Re: VST feedback on song load - is anyone else having this i

Post by Klangkulisse »

No feedbacks, when I play your track. (XP, latest Polac-Loader, latest buzz build)

Have you tried different wave output like windows waveform audio or any other?

Are you using any virtual midi cable like Midi yoke? Did you try to disable midi in and out (View > Preferences).

Did you check in windows system menu the sound and audio device option (Volume > Advanced)? Maybe somehow there is a microphone input enabled and that causes a feedback?
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

no problems here with that either . But do you by any chance have anything assigned to trigger midi notes ? I know that if I assign a slider in peer control to input midi notes into a machine or vst when I first load a track it triggers the C-2 (an effect I sorta like in some cases)
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

i opened the tune via double click and it nearly gave me a heart attack !!
what´s happening there? that feedback is a real mean one.
deusdiabolus

Post by deusdiabolus »

strobotone wrote:i opened the tune via double click and it nearly gave me a heart attack !!
what´s happening there? that feedback is a real mean one.
EXACTLY. It's just the VST machine with a simple delay into JedShivaMeter. Every time I put something between that piano and the Master now, it does that.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

most likely source of feedback would be the delay i guess
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Gosh it was really heart attack invoking doubbleclick...
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Maybe something on the chain (eg the aforementioned delay) doesn't like multithreading. Globally disable it (View -> Settings -> Engine -> Multithreading -> False), restart buzz then see if the song still makes the noise ...
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Nah - both - disabling general Multithreading and machine multithreading dosen't help. But I found not solution though, but some clue. I got those strange noise twice. Once during opening file, and second time for first seconds while I play it. After detaching effect from piano and saving/reopening file I hear a lil very short noise - similar while you put column jack with power on into socket or rather while you browsing unknown frequencies on your radio. And the noise is present only while opening file it doesn't appear at start the piece while playing it.
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Well after a lil thinking after my last post I repaired your file.
Somewhere in pattern you have faulty but invisible parameter, probably you did some midi slider etc mistake movement which you corrected by erasing but it still expist inside of pattern. Some time ago I discovered that if I record changes to a effect or generator - especially VSTI and then I try to remove its effects by erasing them thru theirs patterns - I cannot back to original settings because somewhere it is saved. Even if pattern seems contain nothing but notes.
Here you have corrected file: http://wrzucacz.pl/file/2341336497770/D ... nCharm.zip
Btw I missed ninja delay - mine's doesn't work as well as H.Delay and 303. Could you put them somewhere with proper link?
Cheers
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

good observation.
deusdiabolus

Post by deusdiabolus »

Mu_ wrote:Well after a lil thinking after my last post I repaired your file.
Somewhere in pattern you have faulty but invisible parameter, probably you did some midi slider etc mistake movement which you corrected by erasing but it still expist inside of pattern. Some time ago I discovered that if I record changes to a effect or generator - especially VSTI and then I try to remove its effects by erasing them thru theirs patterns - I cannot back to original settings because somewhere it is saved. Even if pattern seems contain nothing but notes.
Here you have corrected file: http://wrzucacz.pl/file/2341336497770/D ... nCharm.zip
Btw I missed ninja delay - mine's doesn't work as well as H.Delay and 303. Could you put them somewhere with proper link?
Cheers
Thank you! Curiously, where did you fix the problem (what screen or menu)?
Attachments
NinjaDelay.zip
NinjaDelay, regular and stereo-wrapped.
(23.87 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Oh, there was no simple menu command to do that. I just followed my idea of broken/invalid params hidden record and copy/paste only pure notes columns to their respectives in a new one machine.