auxsend/return machines

szaszhareen

Re: auxsend/return machines

Post by szaszhareen »

I downloaded the ld aux machines linked to in this thread, installed in gear/generators. auxreturn will connect to master, but i cant connect a generator (jeskola bass3) to auxsend. is there something i'm missing here?
ags

Post by ags »

Did you save it to the generators folder by accident?
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

thanks, you answered my question by asking me one. i put auxsend in effects and auxreturn in generators and everything's working nicely. i'm trying out the feedback setup pictured earlier, all i've managed to make are some weird whistling noises. anyone have any suggestions as to what to tweak in this setup or what machines to add/subtract to find some more interesting sounds?

mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Are the aux send and aux return set to the appropriate channels ? Note that this sort of feedback loop will indeed make crazy noises like the one you describe very quickly
ags

Post by ags »

szaszhareen wrote:anyone have any suggestions as to what to tweak in this setup or what machines to add/subtract to find some more interesting sounds?
Try a pitchshifter.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

i'm pretty sure the channels are set up correctly. thanks for the suggestions, after adding joachim's neptune i got some crazy "on a starship in engineering near the warp core" droning noises, added pluto and after some tweaking it kind of sounds like someone playing a mandolin underwater near a waste treatment facility in silent hill. definitely some great possibilities here, thanks for introducing me to them! :o

mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Apologies, I completely misread your last post - I read it as if you couldn't get any sounds out of it except whooshy whistley stuff. Yeah your setup looks fine !
mimp

Post by mimp »

Is there any chance someone could re-link to the LD aux machines? Only one of them is on buzzmachines and the earlier links are dead.

Cheers.
4516N41

Post by 4516N41 »

I guess you need this one.
Attachments
ld auxreturn.rar
(2.39 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
mimp

Post by mimp »

That's it, thank you. Am I correct that these are broken on x64? I could only get it working in 32 bit Buzz anyway.
Also, does anyone know the delay introduced by them? Is it fixed or a function of buffer length..?