Probs with Waves plugins in old buzz and Toxic2 VSTi in new

mav

Probs with Waves plugins in old buzz and Toxic2 VSTi in new

Post by mav »

Hi guys,

I'm having serious issues with several VST effects and instruments. First of all the known Waves plugins (diamond, mercury, platinum bundles). Does anyone else have that?

I used to make music on my laptop and there it worked, but now that i have a new studio setup with new (much faster) computer, the same tracks just do not seem to work. Every time i load a track it simply crashes, and it appears to be doing so when it loads Waves C4.

Tried re-installing all waves plugins several times and updated to latest Polac VSTi 1.1 b24. Even re-installed buzz from scratch several times (after uninstalling with fixkit etc). Did not help. The strange thing is that when i open a blank new buzz file and select C4 (or C1) it works without problems, both VST and DX. But earlier made tracks with the same plugins don't load and instantly crash.. Funny isn't it? :)

I was using an earlier version of Buzz before, so i thought lets upgrade to the newest version (build 1644). I did so (and it rocks by the way), but the new version also has other issues that are maybe even more frustrating. For instance it does not load tracks that i made with Maxx Claster Toxic 2 VSTi, which is almost every track i make. Buzz then crashes instantly. Sound familiar to anyone?

So.. conclusion is that I'm stuck between 2 options which both have issues:
1. old buzz where Waves plugins don't work
2. new buzz where Toxic vsti doesn't work

both waves and toxic are crucial to me.

what's even weirder is that the same setup (old buzz, Buzzmachines_Massive_Pack_Feb2004.exe) does work on my laptop. but then again my laptop is too slow to handle the tracks so it's not good enough anymore to produce music. need to get this to work on my new pc! :)

any help would be much appreceated. i really have no idea how to solve this.

greets
Mischa / Mav
Mu_

Re: Probs with Waves plugins in old buzz and Toxic2 VSTi in

Post by Mu_ »

You didn't mention about you OS'es and music relative hardware setup so hard to say. Put those files somewhere I'll take a look. Maybe I'll (or someone else) figure out how to fix it.
Cheers.
2ka

Post by 2ka »

I have the same problem with Toxic II and Toxic III.

if I place toxic 2 or 3 into a new project buzz closes it self (without showing any crash / error dialog) , also loading a song which contains toxic 2 or 3 resulting the same.

I am using Windows 7. and I tested this on multiple sound hardware and got the same result.

is there any way to get buzz to give debugging information for the issue ?

I would be more than happy to provide more testing or files etc. since a lot of songs of mine are using toxic vst's :/
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Did you check application log with eventvwr.msc?
polac

Post by polac »

Hi, perhaps it helps to run Toxic as a separate process(holding shift while loading a plugin)?
2ka

Post by 2ka »

polac : thanks man ! loading plugins while pressing shift works like a charm ! :)

for others having same issue : after adding plugin to scene with shift , you can left click and select preferences, on the third tab (plugin name) select "run as separate process" and press ok , and you dont need to use the shift anymore.

edit : loading while pressing shift works with polac vsti 1.1.10b ( Build 15 ), after upgrading to Build 25 , loading plugins with shift doesnt seem to work :/
polac

Post by polac »

2ka wrote:loading while pressing shift works with polac vsti 1.1.10b ( Build 15 ), after upgrading to Build 25 , loading plugins with shift doesnt seem to work :/
That's odd, it works for me here.
2ka

Post by 2ka »

ok, here is some test files :

http://2ka.org/polac-test-files.zip

verg5.bmx , a test song which contains toxic 2 and 3 vsts
Toxic2.1_demo_setup.exe , a demo setup for toxic 2
ToxicIII_v1.0_demo.exe , a demo setup for toxic 3
2ka-vergeben.mp3 , audio dump of the test song ( which I recorded on my old system )

System Configuration is :

Buzz Build 1468 on Windows 7 System with ASIO Motu HD192 (also tested with DirectX & Windows Driver)
Polac VSTi Loader V1.1.10b (Build 15)

I cannot load the song (buzz just closes without error ) if I have toxic 2 or 3 VST installed on my system, even if I configure them to be loaded on separate process.

w/ Polac Build 15 , I can create new toxic 2/3 while pressing shift key , but I still cannot load my old songs :/

w/ Polac Build 25 , I can't create new toxic 2/3 using shift , buzz just closes itself without a message :)

Thanks !
polac

Post by polac »

Hi, thanks for the toxic demos. I found out that it is somehow related to the compilers or compiler configuration. If I compile the loaders with vs2008 the plugins load fine without crashing however if using vs2010 the crash on load. I'll do some more testing let's see if I get them to work with vs2010 too.
mute

Post by mute »

I use Waves all the time, as I purchased a couple of them. And in the past I also used multiple cracks/versions/distros of Waves' Bundles (no longer.. and not just for ethical reasons, managing those is a PINTA). So, I'm not casting stones .. but FYI, the Waves cracks that are out there are inconsistent and buggy. Specially between multiple hosts, and DX vs. VST versions. It is honestly impossible for a dev to fix issues with cracked plugins such as Waves (ugly dongle hacks). When you use items like this, it is up to you to sort out the quirks. If you're not using cracked versions, and have bought redundant bundles and have very deep wallets (the bundles you mentioned cost over 1500$'s a piece) - then ignore me. However.. with the 2 purchased Waves plugins I own, I've never had issues in any host.

I'm not condoning piracy, but this had to be pointed out..
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Well, but demo version, which is not cracked one, does the same bug...
mute

Post by mute »

Mu_ wrote:Well, but demo version, which is not cracked one, does the same bug...
The Waves issue (what issue?) hasn't been discussed, they've been working on Toxic. Only details on Waves were the ones I mentioned.
roritor

Post by roritor »

Any advance on this problem? I have just come back to Buzz after a few years away and my old tracks with Toxic won't load.
atavic

Post by atavic »

Hi. I used the Mercury bundle on the old Buzz. I upgraded and added the V-Series then. All worked great. I feel very comfortable with the old buzz and I think you just have to scan for the right dll, as Waves have a dedicated one: %ProgramFiles%\Waves\Waveshells\WaveShell-VST 5.1.dll Some info: http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/