Polac Asio - "ASIO Driver open Failure"

fetus ink

Polac Asio - "ASIO Driver open Failure"

Post by fetus ink »

I, for whatever reason, am not ever able to open up Polac Asio anymore without getting this message. (on both x86 and x64 Buzz)

Thoughts? Taking any and all suggestions to attempt to fix this.
Last edited by fetus ink on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mu_

Re: Polac Asio - "ASIO Driver open Failure"

Post by Mu_ »

R'u Asio4all user?
fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

I do have it installed, yes. As far as using it in buzz, not really ever used it. I usually always ran WASAPI.
polac

Post by polac »

This error string is returned from the asio driver itself and not from polac asio. Perhaps another software is using this driver at the same time too?
fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

I initially thought the same thing since I had both Reaper and Buzz open at the same time - but after closing out of both and re-opening buzz, it still persists. Double checking, Reaper runs under WASAPI anyway.

Even after restarts, I've attempted switching to Polac ASIO and I still recieve the error. ASIO isn't running in the background, either (As far as I can tell, not sure why it would be anyway), and even if this were the case, wouldn't switching to the regular ASIO driver in the Buzz dropdown menu cause the same error if it were already in use? I can choose the normal ASIO driver just fine, allowing me to select ReaRoute and such.
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

My next question is - do you have in ASIO4ALL 2 group shortcut for ASIO4ALL v2 Off-Line Settings?
If yes try to use it with all applications which send/read audio closed - browsers and mediaplayers included.
I'm curious whether similar crash of ASIO will occure (without Polac's communicates of cource).

EDIT
And I think your ASIO is corrupted and you will need to uninstall this version ASIO, delete all remains of it and install fresh version of it.
fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

I just attempted uninstalling and then reinstalling ASIO4ALL v2, but it hasn't made any difference whatsoever. :?

Also, I have used ASIO in Reaper with no issues at all. And again, ASIO still seems to work fine in x86 Buzz (allowing me to choose ReaRoute to send my audio to Reaper, or just select ASIO4ALL. It just will not show in x64 Buzz Preferences/Driver list

Polac's still crashes with the same error as above in both versions of Buzz.
mute

Post by mute »

Check the device that is selected in the pasio out settings

If you reboot, don't start any other program, and open buzz first, does it still happen?

Crashes? Buzz crashes? You don't just get the error and no output? Or is that what you meant by 'crash' (big difference!) ?

Oh wait.. x64 Buzz, thats a whole `nother beast..
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Mu_ wrote:[...]ASIO4ALL 2 group shortcut for ASIO4ALL v2 Off-Line Settings[...]
Did you checked it out after starting system with running no audio application which may use your sound card?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

fetus ink wrote:ASIO still seems to work fine in x86 Buzz (allowing me to choose ReaRoute to send my audio to Reaper, or just select ASIO4ALL. It just will not show in x64 Buzz Preferences/Driver list
I don't mean to sound contrary but as it works for x86 Buzz why don't you stick with those builds (as I have). As Oskari mentions the x64 builds are experimental and probably more for testing purposes than daily use so I'd really just stay with the 32 bit builds.

The performance jump between 32 and 64 bit really isn't the large leap you possibly imagine it is, hell I've not noticed any difference between x86 and x64 builds on any of the software on my machine (Buzz, Reaper, Ableton) so for compatibilities sake I've remained in 32 bit land for all my software.
fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

mute wrote: Check the device that is selected in the pasio out settings

If you reboot, don't start any other program, and open buzz first, does it still happen?
Mu_ wrote: Did you checked it out after starting system with running no audio application which may use your sound card?
I will test all of these suggestions at some point over the weekend and let you know the results.
mute wrote: Crashes? Buzz crashes? You don't just get the error and no output? Or is that what you meant by 'crash' (big difference!) ?
Yeah, just the error and no output. Wrong choice of word there. :D
mcbpete wrote: I don't mean to sound contrary but as it works for x86 Buzz why don't you stick with those builds (as I have). As Oskari mentions the x64 builds are experimental and probably more for testing purposes than daily use so I'd really just stay with the 32 bit builds.
Well, I do use x86 buzz - but if you check out my other problem I'm having (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=396) you'll see that for whatever reason, my midi device only seems to be read in x64 buzz, which is necessary if I want to sync up with Reaper. The problem there though, is that once I'm in x64 with working midi, then suddenly I can't use the normal ASIO driver (not Polac ASIO) which allows me to select ReaRoute. Polac ASIO currently gives the error in both x86 and x64.

As you can see, I have a very interesting "pro and con" in both x64 and x86. Working Midi/No ASIO, Working ASIO/No Midi. I just need to somehow get the cons the fuck out of here. :) I just assumed that I could use Polac ASIO to find my ReaRoute driver in x64, and then all happiness dropped when I was presented with the error in the original post here.
fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

Well, its been a while since I've "buzzed", but I wanted to try again, and initially forgot about this whole ordeal. Well, its still problematic, and I still want it resolved ... so ... to answer some of the unanswered questions from before:
mute wrote:
Check the device that is selected in the pasio out settings

Mu_ wrote:
Did you checked it out after starting system with running no audio application which may use your sound card?
Yeah its still happening even after reboots. Can't check the device that is selected in PAsio as I get the error every time I try to access it. Unless theres another way that I don't know (or forget) about.
fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

Actually, even though it would be nice to see this fixed, I could honestly just say "fuck it" if I can get the topic in this post fixed: viewtopic.php?p=4644#p4644

If I can get my midi device to run in x86, then I'm golden. I have everything I need there in the regular "Asio" device. (Just need to use ReaRoute)

... but as the page shows, buzz easily accepts my device in x64, but not x86, and in x64, the regular "Asio" device is not an option. So, no ReaRoute there. :(

[update] I started tinkering around in the asio offline settings and "turned off' all audio. From this point, x86 buzz no longer gets the error. x64 still does. What I find strange, is that every time I re-open asio offline settings, everything I 'turned off' is back on. But that doesn't seem to have an effect with x86. Its still working fine.

(I just can't use MIDI in x86. Yet...)