Did Buzzchurch died?

Mu_

Did Buzzchurch died?

Post by Mu_ »

Hi. Does anybody know whats happened to buzzchurch.com? A hack? Domain is still working though.
If project is shutting down is there a chance for transfer some topics here?
mantratronic

Re: Did Buzzchurch died?

Post by mantratronic »

I think the current state of affairs is this: there is probably a back up from a month ago (we're waiting on someone to get back from holiday to make sure), there is general agreement that buzzchurch should be reinstated in some form, but there is some issue with the current host who has the last state of the forum and is who killed it. However, this new forum may be a solution to the spam problem, that made bc so frustrating recently.

Basically: it's not buried yet, but the admins and mods from bc are doing what they can, use the forums of the buzz for the moment :)
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Well, so I think we should start from building some skeleton of new site. I could be similiar, but simplified version of churches one. I say that because of the most common was the choir, the altar and the nave. They were the most active as well. I think we have a couple of general topics - a place for present samples of music and discuss about them, a place about discuss about hardware, buzz machines and vsti's, a place about buzz alone and maybe place for how to use whole stuff for making music. I think the last is essential. It tells you how to use your gear to gain desired result. Or you can share to the others how you made your piece of music. Because we start from scratch we can do anything and we can do it simple. If I can help with something - transfering content from backuped Buzzchurch, or killing spamers or something else let me know. My former nick at Buzzchurch was MuChaka (Mu_ was not allowed).
IXix

Post by IXix »

mantratronic wrote:Basically: it's not buried yet, but the admins and mods from bc are doing what they can, use the forums of the buzz for the moment :)
I hope it can be recovered. There's a ton of useful information buried over there.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

IXix wrote:
mantratronic wrote:Basically: it's not buried yet, but the admins and mods from bc are doing what they can, use the forums of the buzz for the moment :)
I hope it can be recovered. There's a ton of useful information buried over there.
indeed. especially info on using the newer builds. i'm really impressed by how quickly this forum came about. thats one of the things i love about buzz, there's always somewhere to find intstant (if sometimes sarcastic :mrgreen: ) answers to support questions.
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

IXix wrote: I hope it can be recovered. There's a ton of useful information buried over there.
Then it's content has to be moved here, because we have to be independent. BTW I liked design of old forum, however some functionalities should be added, 4eg. ignored list.
trimph1

Post by trimph1 »

It would be nice to see some of the informative posts from there over here.

As it is..when I last went over there my account emails were showing up as spam according to the site...hhmmmmn.
ags

Post by ags »

IXix wrote:I hope it can be recovered. There's a ton of useful information buried over there.
...and some outdated info too of course.
We should all use the Buzz Wiki more.
gui

Post by gui »

Hey,

It has already passed more than 6 months and the web site still goes down. Any news about? Did they lost the content? Will we have the information back again?
dukajoe

Post by dukajoe »

It is still dead. I have had some luck by going to archive.org and typing http://www.buzzchurch.com in the wayback machine box. But yes, I agree with you--it is completely asinine to let all of that info die. If someone has it in an offline html or xml data fee version, just zip it up and post it on buzz machines or something--I think that would be a cooler way to go through the site anyway.
domtron

Post by domtron »

the last month's at buzzchurch many questions were pretty similar.
there are great possibility's using the peer stuff in buzz but since a lot of vst's became very powerful that's maybe not so much important for many users anymore,of course it depends.
since i switched to the x64 build i'm replacing machines.

there is a giant gate for coding machines for buzz and the door is even more open than ever before.

for newbies, read the buzz wiki don't hesitate and just ask and if you have any question.
Keybored

Post by Keybored »

Offline copy of BuzzChurch made late July 2011 using WebReaper.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3939559205/BuzzChurch.zip (415.20 MB)

Download the above file and unzip to a folder of your choice, then open the file default.html in your browser.

Hope this helps somebody :D
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

Keybored wrote:Offline copy of BuzzChurch made late July 2011 using WebReaper.

Download the above file and unzip to a folder of your choice, then open the file default.html in your browser.

I had a look at the archive, seems fine, would be nice to have it on a proper server though.
IXix

Post by IXix »

mantratronic wrote:Image
Damn. Beat me to it!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tinga

Post by tinga »

Keybored wrote:Hope this helps somebody :D
Definitely :!:
the holy bible
kanarie

Post by kanarie »

Keybored wrote:Offline copy of BuzzChurch made late July 2011 using WebReaper.

I've been browsing through this archive for a bit, but it doesn't seem to be complete... for instance when i go to the altar and skip to page 5, i end up with "file not found" :(