Farbrausch V2 GUI

HeidiLikesEBM

Farbrausch V2 GUI

Post by HeidiLikesEBM »

Hi! I'm new here, so sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone figured out how to get V2's GUI to display when it seems unable to? If it helps, I'm using an HP Pavilion that's pretty much factory standard with Windows 7, and as far as my programs, I'd like to be able to use both the VSTi version and buzz version of V2, because I use both Buzz and Cubase 6.5. Thanks in advance, if anyone can help me!
vinnie pine

Re: Farbrausch V2 GUI

Post by vinnie pine »

Not opening for me either now I come to try it (never really used it tho).
polac

Post by polac »

The vst version opens with gui in Buzz if you run it in a separate process. If you open the editor go to the edit menu and check the "run in separate process" option.
vinnie pine

Post by vinnie pine »

Can't open the editor tho. Left click does nothing , Right click menu appears but the editor is still not available. Pattern editor view doesn't seem to have the usual number of columns either (from what I remember).
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

vinnie pine wrote:Can't open the editor tho. Left click does nothing , Right click menu appears but the editor is still not available. Pattern editor view doesn't seem to have the usual number of columns either (from what I remember).
weird. I loaded the vst version of farbrausch v2, double clicked on the machine, clicked edit, run as separate process. It works here - this is pretty cool since i've had this synth sitting around forever and never used it since i couldn't open the gui on the vst or params on the buzzmachine version. thanks to the OP for asking and polac for answering :)
HeidiLikesEBM

Post by HeidiLikesEBM »

I can't even seem to load the VST version in Buzz at all, an attempt to do so gives a message saying v2edit.dle can't load followed by a crash to desktop, which I had expected after it caused Cubase to crash anytime I tried opening it. Even if I started an empty project; I originally suspected it was just bogging down my CPU because I first tried opening it in a song I had already put together but I can see now the coding just somehow isn't compatible with my computer or something. Still really hoping someone out there has a solution for this; heard a lot of really great things about v2 and am especially interested in the voice synthesis.
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

Ive also never been able to get either version to work .. same issue and ive tried with older builds as well as newer builds ..
ags

Post by ags »

HeidiLikesEBM wrote:I can't even seem to load the VST version in Buzz at all, an attempt to do so gives a message saying v2edit.dle can't load .
Is the v2edit.dle in the same folder as the Farbrausch V2.dll ?
HeidiLikesEBM

Post by HeidiLikesEBM »

Yep
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

Did you try the latest available version from here : http://www.1337haxorz.de/drugs/farbraus ... ns_1.5.zip ?

Both, VSTi and Buzz wrapped version are working.
(Also had the GUI issue before)
HeidiLikesEBM

Post by HeidiLikesEBM »

strobotone wrote:Did you try the latest available version from here : http://www.1337haxorz.de/drugs/farbraus ... ns_1.5.zip ?

Both, VSTi and Buzz wrapped version are working.
(Also had the GUI issue before)
Yes, that's where I got it in the first place; the day I started this topic was the day I first downloaded buzz, which I got because v2 wasn't working in Cubase. So yeah, I got the newest v2.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

Has anyone got the buzzmachine version working? I tried this template today:

viewtopic.php?p=3802#p479

farbrausch v2 (buzz generator) loads fine but makes no sound. the gui also doesn't load.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Same here: buzz machine loads, plays the little tune given by the template, but can't open gui. Can't open gui of the vst either.
Latest buzz build 1481, latest farbrausch v1.5 and v2edit.dle in same folder.

The zip-file of farbrausch v1.5 contains 3 folders (buzz, vsti, winamp) and 3 files (conv2m.exe, file_id.diz, README.TXT)

Folder buzz contains 4 files:
Farbrausch V2 (single).dll
Farbrausch V2.dll
v2edit.dle
v2edit_s.dle

Folder vsti contains the same named 4 files:
Farbrausch V2 (single).dll
Farbrausch V2.dll
v2edit.dle
v2edit_s.dle

Folder winamp contains (for the completeness):
in_v2m.dll

Going back to the README.TXT, it says:
- Installation
--------------
There are three kinds of plugins available: A VST instrument, a Buzz
machine and a Winamp plugin for playing back songs.
- To use the VSTi, copy the two files in the "VSTi" folder to your
host application's plugin directory (normally it's called VSTPlugins
or sth like that)
- To use the Buzz machine, copy the two files in the "Buzz" folder to
Buzz's machine directory
- To use the Winamp plugin, copy the file in the "Winamp" folder to
Winamp's "plugins" directory.

Questions:
Why does it say "... copy the TWO files ...", because there are four.
And why does it say "... to Buzz's machine directory", because there is not such (did old buzz contain such a folder? Can't remember).
And what are the files conv2m.exe and file_id.diz for.
:?
ags

Post by ags »

Klangkulisse wrote:Questions:
Why does it say "... copy the TWO files ...", because there are four.
There used to be two then the (single) and _s versions were added for people whose heads where fucked by the UI being able to display a patch for editing that wasn't the one being played. (The horror)
Klangkulisse wrote:And why does it say "... to Buzz's machine directory", because there is not such (did old buzz contain such a folder? Can't remember).
It just means the directory where machines go, not the directory literally named "machines".
Klangkulisse wrote:And what are the files conv2m.exe and file_id.diz for.
conv2m.exe - don't remember, but it obv stands for convert
file_id.diz - really? its like an .nfo
thOke

Post by thOke »

ags wrote:
Klangkulisse wrote:And what are the files conv2m.exe and file_id.diz for.
conv2m.exe - don't remember, but it obv stands for convert
file_id.diz - really? its like an .nfo
conv2m converts v2m from version 1.0 to the newest version of the synth.
v2m files are the output files that are created when you push the record button in V2.
they can be played back in winamp with the in_v2m plugin.

btw ... the source code of V2 was published here: https://github.com/farbrausch/fr_public/tree/master/v2
probably someone is able to fix those gui issues ?!?
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

I mean, why would it be that simple? :lol:
ags

Post by ags »

I did :/
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

Just as an FYI to all you all interested in getting FV2 to work: BR808 (was $, now freeware) is very akin to it (it's by one of the same Farbrausch guys who dev'd FV2).

IMO, the speech synthesis system in BR808 looks much more promising. (Tinga, how about a tutorial? I can change the speech in your example and in beRo's, but I can't seem to make my own talking patch from scratch).
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

The source code for v2 is here: https://github.com/farbrausch/fr_public/tree/master/v2

It was interesting to see that they used the same method for oscillator anti-aliasing as I did in the early Jeskola ES-9 synth.
tinga

Post by tinga »

snowglobe wrote:Tinga, how about a tutorial? I can change the speech in your example and in beRo's, but I can't seem to make my own talking patch from scratch
1- Select instrument (the 3 boxes Instruments Global Export)
2- click on "speech" and create your sentences (128 presets possible)
3-now to play your phrases, select "channel" and after select speech, it's another page under the instrument menu, active it.

It's better to select osc with large spectrum.
Attachments
br808.JPG