[Solved] Polac MME driver on Windows 7-SP1 64bit.

bahador

Post by bahador »

Hey guys, after using windows xp for almost 9 years I’ve finally made up my mind to move to windows 7-SP1 64bit as my permanent ios.

I’ve been using Polac drivers ever since they got released and Polac MME the most. Though I know we gotta stick to the wasapi driver while on windows 7, but the point is wasapi doesn’t provide you with all the detail features you have on Polac drivers and we only have the sample rate as an adjustment. So briefly I would like to use Polac MME again but the thing is it doesn’t allow any samplerate beyond 44100 on windows 7.

I was wondering if there is any way that we can increase the samplerate to 48000 or 96000 for Polac MME on windows 7-SP1 64bit?

Thanks.
Last edited by bahador on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
polac

Re: Polac MME driver on Windows 7-SP1 64bit.

Post by polac »

Hi, here it shows up more than one option under win7. What happens with Oskari's old waveout driver(Windows Waveform Audio). Does it you show you 48000 or 96000 samplerates?
bahador

Post by bahador »

Hi Frank, I've got a m-audio profire 610 and it supports up to 192000 khz samplerate.

On Wasapi I've got 11025 all the way up to 192000 (and when I set it to exclusive mode buzz freezes and mute the output of buzz)
On Windows Waveform Audio I have 11025 to 96000
On Polac MME I have 8000 up to 44100 (44100 is the highest sample rate I get on MME and the highest bitrate is 16bits)
On Polac Asio/Direct Sound and Null I've got from 44100 all the way to 192000
polac

Post by polac »

The "Windows Waveform Audio" driver is the pendant to "Polac MME", here it's the same, you can set "Windows Waveform Audio" up to 96000 however it fails to initialize when set and then it resets back to 44100. "Polac MME actually tests if a certain samplerate is supported therefore you can only select up to samplerates up to 44100 here. It seems to be driver related somehow.
bahador

Post by bahador »

On windows XP everything was fine and Polac MME was working with all possible samplerates and bitrats without any problem. but every time I tended to move to windows 7, similar issues and wasapi driver pushed me back to go back to the windows xp sp3 again.

but it's not possible to stick to the old builds like win xp anymore. Do you think it is possible to solve this matter and have Polac MME working on windows 7 with all the features, samplerates and bitrates as well? it will be such a shame not to have something as complete as that on the new builds of windows. like I said all of the other Polac drivers are functioning correctly but the only one which is not offering the complete features and options is the MME one.

Thank you so much again and hope to have it back anytime you got the chance to have a look at it. Thanks a lot.
polac

Post by polac »

I wrote nonsense, I managed to get the driver working here on win7 with higher samplerates too. It's odd that it worked with winxp but not with win7. I'll do some tests on winxp now to see if it still works here. I'll upload a fixed version in the next days.
bahador

Post by bahador »

I did test the MME driver on two other devices with win7 installed. and they all resulted in the same manner. with the highest samplerate of 44100 and the highest bitrate of 16bits. and they also had different audio devices installed, cuz at first I thought it was my sound card causing this error but it's like win7 doesn't recognize the higher bitrates and samplerate.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Hey Bahador,
I really think you should give the Polac ASIO drivers a try. I use those, and they work perfectly here.
bahador

Post by bahador »

Hey Joachim, yup that's true and the polac asio driver works flawlessly here too, but basically the asio driver is so tough on the cpu and I can not play back the song through that driver and even though I want to use it a lot but I can only use it for recording the midi in without any latency. but yes the polac asio driver works like a charm in my computer too giving you all the features and options to select from. but for playing back the song I need to stick to the waveform to be able to play the song without any clicking and buffering issue. but I have upgraded my system to intel 3770k with 8GB of memory with the FSB of 2000. and I just hope it doesn't fail me on the cpu usage like my previous E8400 with 4GB of 1066 memory.
bahador

Post by bahador »

The new MME driver now supports all samplerates and bitrates.