peer key tracking device?

esp81

peer key tracking device?

Post by esp81 »

Is there any key tracking device for Buzz? Something I could use to change a filter cutoff or other parameter based on what note is playing?
thOke

Re: peer key tracking device?

Post by thOke »

there is no native buzz machine that can do this, as far as i know but

you can do it with the vst plugin midiNotesToCC ( get it here: http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi)
note2cc1.jpg
note2cc2.jpg
note2cc3.jpg
would be nice to have a buzz peer machine that assigns notes to a parameter.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

Awesome, thanks for the detailed instructions...very much appreciated! I'm honestly pretty surprised that with all the buzz machines something like this hasn't been made though. That link has a shitload of other useful stuff I will be checking out as well.
mute

Post by mute »

Not exactly the same thing - but you can go the opposite route and get more accurate control; You can use peertrigger to sequence notes in another synth, and at the same time send peertrig to a peeradsr with the peeradsr controlling values.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

thOke wrote:would be nice to have a buzz peer machine that assigns notes to a parameter.
Would be nice. Meantime, pybuzz can be used.

setup
-----------------------------
Internal MIDI sends to Qsamo.
Internal MIDI also sends to pybuzz
pybuzz multiplies note value * 512 and sends to PeerCtrl
PeerCtrl inverts value and sends to Qsamo filter cutoff
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

the afore mentioned scheme using peertrigger and peerasdr can do that tho yeah you have to fiddle around with the parameters to get it really working well in my experience .
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

syphilissauna wrote:the afore mentioned scheme using peertrigger and peerasdr can do that tho yeah you have to fiddle around with the parameters to get it really working well in my experience .
I was just looking at IX Accumulator and wondering how hard it would be to code in a triggering mode that would let you do MIDI-note-to-value tricks.

btw, however one gets keytracking stuff happening in Buzz, peerctrl is the bomb when it comes to fine-tuning what happens to multiple target params on a per-key basis. Here's a version of my pybuzz demo up above where a track has been added to mess with resonance along with cutoff. (To understand why the behavior is different for each param, open peerctrl's Assignment Settings dialog and look at the value mapping envelopes for each track).
IXix

Post by IXix »

snowglobe wrote:I was just looking at IX Accumulator and wondering how hard it would be to code in a triggering mode that would let you do MIDI-note-to-value tricks.
Oi! Stop trying to think up extra work for me! :evil: :D
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

IXix wrote:
snowglobe wrote:I was just looking at IX Accumulator and wondering how hard it would be to code in a triggering mode that would let you do MIDI-note-to-value tricks.
Oi! Stop trying to think up extra work for me! :evil: :D
:lol:
(Is the source available? Maybe this could be my entry point into coding actual Buzz machines. )
esp81

Post by esp81 »

Thanks for the info everyone, I've got a decent template working now.
IXix

Post by IXix »

snowglobe wrote:(Is the source available? Maybe this could be my entry point into coding actual Buzz machines. )
Trust me. You don't want to see the source.