new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

boombaxx

Re: new pvst beta (updated 08-Jun-2013)

Post by boombaxx »

I cannot seem to get stop processing on silence working when muting tracks. I have it selected but it does not appear to stop any of the processes from working. I have polac asio set in the prefs. Any ideas why it is not working it makes it real hard to make songs if it is glitching like a mad thing. What does amplifier response time in the prefs do
thOke

Post by thOke »

the adapter (bld 10b28) does not load the latest version (1.1.50.50) of one small clue's POISE drum sampler, which i bought recently.

http://www.onesmallclue.com/poise.php

previous versions until 1.1.43.2 are still working and also the latest version loads into other wrapper plugins like metaplugin or energyxt2 !?!

EDIT: one small clue fixed that and the latest version now directly loads without problems !!
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

Hello, I have another boo boo. Not sure what's happening, but after a recent windows 7 64 update all of my songs with tone 2 electrax now crash or shut down my PC all together. I already wrote to Tone 2, waiting for them to respond. Just wondering if it's something anyone else encountered. No viruses, the cooling is working fine, ram is good...can't figure it out, all I could see is that all the songs that crash have electrax on them:(
polac

Post by polac »

Tiadiad wrote:Hello, I have another boo boo. Not sure what's happening, but after a recent windows 7 64 update all of my songs with tone 2 electrax now crash or shut down my PC all together. I already wrote to Tone 2, waiting for them to respond. Just wondering if it's something anyone else encountered. No viruses, the cooling is working fine, ram is good...can't figure it out, all I could see is that all the songs that crash have electrax on them:(
Sounds odd. Did you switch the os to win7 64 or just a regular update via windows updater? You didn't run the Electrax as a separate process, yes? If yes the vst bridge is quite prone to such things. I know of plugins which run fine if you open a new instance however crash if you load a new song.
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

It was a regular automatic update. But that never affected anything. I'm honestly shooting in the dark, it's most likely not the Polac VST loader that's doing it. I've never heard of pcs shutting down by themselves without a good reason. I load vsts in a very primitive way: I pull up a x64 shell in buzz, right click on it, go to the folder where my vst instruments are and pick let's say Elextrax, if that makes sense. I can try and isolate the problem down to a few plugins, it lets me open the bmx and work on it as long as I like, but once I close Buzz the PC powers down immediately. I could save it as a bmx with maybe just electrax and once I power back on ill open it and see if it still does it. I could drop you the .bmx here if you wanted to take a crack at it.

Could this possibly be a power supply problem? Still doesn't make sense why just these tracks. Strangely, one more (also has electrax) just started to behave that way. Hmm...AI?

UPDATE: Just noticed in the "Uninstall or change a program" window a ACPI Driver Installer from Intel, installed recently. That has something to do with power? What if I uninstall it...

UPDATE 2: Don't think it's the Electrax any more. I was able to isolate it from each mix and save those separately, but those opened and closed fine. I noticed it's the songs with some serious routing chains. Maybe it's that? Crap...

UPDATE 3: I am now suspicious of the latest Slate Digital VBC update and it's compatibility with Buzz x64 (x69 in my mind). Sent SD a message, should be getting the previous version in a few, will see if works...
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

SOLVED: Switched back to Slate Digital VBC 1.0.1.6 which solved all the crashing and shutting down. Around the same time as the new VBC update came out Windows released a bunch of security updates for Win 7 64, apparently both updates don't like each other. So recap: VBC 1.0.1.8 + win 7 64 + Buzz 64 = no bueno.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Tiadiad wrote:So recap: VBC 1.0.1.8 + win 7 64 + Buzz 64 = no bueno.
Attachments
nobueno.jpg
nobueno.jpg (17.15 KiB) Viewed 15561 times
wde

Post by wde »

Here is one annoyance I’ve been struggling with and a solution how to avoid it.

For some time now saved songs seem to randomly forget the patch information in some vst instruments. This seems to happen with songs that have lot of content and with big instruments like Omnisphere. Kind of annoying if you don’t remember what patch was loaded in the instrument.

After some testing and exploring, I found that the trouble maker was “Load/Save In GUI Thread” option you can find in Preferences…/Right most tab (instrument specific tab)/Options… (next to Run In Separate Process option).

I have no clue why I have enabled it and when, but disabling this option fixed the issue. What a relief – Buzz roks again!

Anyway, hope this helps anyone struggling with similar problems.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Was excited for a second as I've been having to save my Edirol Orchestral settings as separate .ope files then having to reload them every time for each instance of the VSTi. Alas the problem still arises whether that box is ticked or not :(

Anyone else used Edirol Orchestral in Buzz and managed to get it to save the settings without resorting to importing an .ope every time ?
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

mcbpete wrote:Was excited for a second as I've been having to save my Edirol Orchestral settings as separate .ope files then having to reload them every time for each instance of the VSTi. Alas the problem still arises whether that box is ticked or not :(

Anyone else used Edirol Orchestral in Buzz and managed to get it to save the settings without resorting to importing an .ope every time ?
I think it's a problem with the VSTI, it doesn't save on any host. At least that's what I've heard. So it's probably not possible to fix.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Dang ... not to worry, I'll just continue importing/exporting the presets as before ....
roritor

Post by roritor »

Hi,

I am just installing buzz in parallels on my mac and when I install pvst, buzz won't even launch. I uninstall pvst and it still won't launch. I reinstall buzz without pvst and it launches fine. Any ideas?
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

@ roritor :
Are you using the old buzz 1.2 with the older pvst version 1.1.9.9.1 ??
which works best I think (correct me if I'm wrong)

Or are there files left behind from an older pvst installation while using the later builds ??

Does it work when the vst folder is empty ?? (incompatible plugins)

..Just a few question that might work to find out what's wrong,
don't know how things are on a mac at all, btw.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Psst... polac... were you able to figure out why my stereo inputs are labeled wrong, even though they're labeled correctly in mono mode? In fear of ending up in your email spam folder, I posted here.

"9. 24IO:Analog-A 1 (1+2)" is the first wrong one. It should have been "9. 24IO:Analog-A (11+12)" instead.

PS: Some sort of simple/stupid way to edit the names manually (e.g. a text file somewhere in the Buzz folder or hell, even on the C: drive) is still on my wish list, but then again, I don't know how many people in here have this many inputs and outputs. Maybe I should just get better at memorizing those numbers...
polac

Post by polac »

Psst... polac... were you able to figure out why my stereo inputs are labeled wrong, even though they're labeled correctly in mono mode? In fear of ending up in your email spam folder, I posted here.
Hi Joachim, indeed I got your in my spam folder howver I replied one or two weeks later and actually you did reply back to this mail too :mrgreen:. The labeling bug is fixed now, it did apply also to the loader, I only have to upload the package now.
PS: Some sort of simple/stupid way to edit the names manually (e.g. a text file somewhere in the Buzz folder or hell, even on the C: drive) is still on my wish list, but then again, I don't know how many people in here have this many inputs and outputs. Maybe I should just get better at memorizing those numbers...
No plans here right now. I'm quite busy with a project atm. :)
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Wow, great!
I'm gonna check it out right away! Thanks a million.
polac

Post by polac »

updated
AndersBrontosaurus

Re: new pvst beta (updated 12-Jan-2014)

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

:-)
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

elekt

Post by elekt »

Well, this is fucking awesome. Thank you.