I tried to answer this myself so I wouldn't look foolish.

deusdiabolus

I tried to answer this myself so I wouldn't look foolish.

Post by deusdiabolus »

I'm not having any success and I'm becoming frustrated, so I'll just out and ask.

How, exactly, do you connect Sgorpi's MTW machine in order for it to work correctly? I tried connecting the last effect in each machine's chain to it (which is what the readme file in the original ZIP implies), and that doesn't work. I tried connecting the Master to it, and that doesn't work. I tried connecting one to the last effect in each chain and then connecting one to the Master, creating a pattern for each instance to enable recording, and then creating one for the Master to start the recording at the beginning of the track and then stop it at the end. I suspected I was going to have a problem when I couldn't ever see any response from the VU meters for any of the tracks, and when I started the recording, I still wasn't getting any indication that there was anything being recorded. So I stopped the recording prematurely, checked the WAV files, and they were all blank.

What is it I'm doing wrong this time? :?
thOke

Re: I tried to answer this myself so I wouldn't look foolish

Post by thOke »

You did not mention that you
Add(ed) a sequence track for (just) one of the plugin instances. In the pattern editor add 1 pattern for an instance of the plugin to start recording, and 1 to stop recording (the last column named 'output', 1=start,0=stop). (only one instance needs these patterns, the other instances will follow recording).
Press play, and the waves will be written.
deusdiabolus

Post by deusdiabolus »

OK, tried doing it again. One MTW machine attached to the last effect in each chain, one attached to the master, and a sequence for one of the MTW machines with two patterns - one at the beginning of the song to start recording and one at the end to stop. Pressed play and went to do something else. I came back later and found one .WAV file for each track - but they were all blank.

So clearly I'm an idiot. :roll:
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Are you connecting the output of the MTW machines to anything? I think they need to be connected to something that goes to master in order to not be blank. I hook up them all to a cheapo amp with the gain turned down all the way, and then connect that to master. 2 patterns, one that starts it at the beginning and one that stops it at the end.

Example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jacxdlp0o1ak ... %20v34.png

Hope that helps.
deusdiabolus

Post by deusdiabolus »

One instance per track, each connected to a single gain going to the master, one more connected directly to the master with the start and stop patterns, and I'm still getting blanks.

I give up. Maybe it will be a native implementation in a future update.
thepr0f

Post by thepr0f »

One mtw needs to be the last machine in the chain connected to the master. Make sure in parameters, it is set to "Record: Yes" and of course the output type and path must be valid. Have a start and stop bit mtw patern set at the beginning and end of your session (sounds like you're already across this).

Here's an example of how I do multi-track drum recording - the idea being I can use individual drum tracks in an external DAW:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/309 ... mplate.bmx

I agree it's fiddly but it works well once you've got it set up.
deusdiabolus

Post by deusdiabolus »

At this point I just go back and try every now and then to see if I can figure it out, but I can't seem to. Maybe it's an ASIO4ALL problem or something, I don't know. Oh well.