How to receive midi out from polac vst?

onecircles

How to receive midi out from polac vst?

Post by onecircles »

I'm trying to get my patterns in geist to output to pattern xp. I've all the obvious things, and some less obvious things. Is the procedure to get midi out of a vst straightforward? I've even tried making an additional dummy version of geist to accept the input but I'm not having any luck. Do I need the midi bus or some such nonsense? Is there any way to monitor whether a plugin is transmitting midi data?
polac

Re: How to receive midi out from polac vst?

Post by polac »

If you rightclick the loader instance in the machine view there is a "midi send" in the menu. This way you can route the midi output of geist to other machines(and record it to pattern for example).
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Thank you for your attention Polac. That was the first thing I tried, but wasn't able to receive data into pattern view. Maybe the vst isn't set to transmit correctly. I don't think so but I haven't learned everything there is to know about it yet.

E: Actually, how do you mean? I've tried using midi send to send the output to another instance of pvst, then playing the pattern with the record setting in buzz on. That's about as far as I've gotten so far though. :D
polac

Post by polac »

E: Actually, how do you mean? I've tried using midi send to send the output to another instance of pvst, then playing the pattern with the record setting in buzz on. That's about as far as I've gotten so far though. :D
Yes, that's what i meant, it should work if geist really has a midi output feature.