Some Waves plugins mapped wrong (shell)...?

Evelon

Some Waves plugins mapped wrong (shell)...?

Post by Evelon »

Quick question - does anyone else get wrong Waves plugin when you load/search for a specific Waves plugin?
Lets say I type in API-550A (or load it through the index menu), I instead get/load the Aphex Exciter. It is impossible to load the plugin I want to load, since they're shelled.

I don't think it's a Waves-issue since I can load them (specifically) fine in Cubase, but in Buzz it refuses. Does anyone know why this is, and maybe have fixed the problem? Polac, do you know what this might be?

Thanks in advance!
//Evelon
esp81

Re: Some Waves plugins mapped wrong (shell)...?

Post by esp81 »

Yes, I'm having the same problem.
polac

Post by polac »

Does a rescan of the shell plugins help? If not you could also try my shell2vst app to create regular vsts out of a shell plugin.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

I did a full rescan, still having the issue. I guess my problem is a bit different, my Waves synths keep loading as effects.
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

polac wrote:Does a rescan of the shell plugins help?
Sorry for the late reply.
No, the problem remains.
polac wrote:If not you could also try my shell2vst app to create regular vsts out of a shell plugin.
Oh, I will try that (and report back).
Thanks!

edit: Side-note: Btw, Polac - is there a way for a VST/VSTi GUI to open up the first time you load it? Like "open GUI when first loaded" checkbox in preferences?
Reason being that sometimes I've double clicked on a newly loaded plugin, and it crashes/freezes Buzz due to the fact that it hadn't fully loaded (if it is a heavy plugin).
polac

Post by polac »

I did a full rescan, still having the issue. I guess my problem is a bit different, my Waves synths keep loading as effects.
I think the shell plugin from Waves combines instruments and effects in one single dll. If this was the problem I fixed it with the next version.
Side-note: Btw, Polac - is there a way for a VST/VSTi GUI to open up the first time you load it? Like "open GUI when first loaded" checkbox in preferences?
Reason being that sometimes I've double clicked on a newly loaded plugin, and it crashes/freezes Buzz due to the fact that it hadn't fully loaded (if it is a heavy plugin).
There is the option "load gui on startup" that could fix the problem?