peer lfo problems

tinga

Re: peer lfo problems

Post by tinga »

IX wrote:Okay, done... https://sourceforge.net/projects/btdsys ... eer%20LFO/
Many thanks, vibrato for all synths and fx!
Maybe a LFO2 will be necessary, i'm not sure for compatibility for random wave shape, Chahur has also added 2 params Seq Number and Seq Modulo, seq are Fibonacci, Prime and Padovan.
Great, BTDSys Peer LFO is now complete.
IXix

Post by IXix »

AndersBrontosaurus wrote:Will I be able to use the new version without breaking old songs?
Any chance to beg for a de-assign button?
Compatibility: Yes. Subtick mode will be ignored unless you specifically set the update freq to "Free".
De-assign: Yes but you may have to wait a little.
Paul Eye wrote:Whoa, a virtual hug for you :)
Thanks, everyone needs a good virtual hug now and then. :)
tinga wrote:i'm not sure for compatibility for random wave shape
It works as expected here. Do you have a problem? Having tested it though I'm now thinking about adding some (optional of course) smoothing to the random shape. Hmmm...
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Chahur has also added 2 params Seq Number and Seq Modulo, seq are Fibonacci, Prime and Padovan.
I don't understand. Have I missed something? Did Chahur make a custom version of PeerLFO?
chahur

Post by chahur »

IXix wrote:
tinga wrote:Chahur has also added 2 params Seq Number and Seq Modulo, seq are Fibonacci, Prime and Padovan.
I don't understand. Have I missed something? Did Chahur make a custom version of PeerLFO?
I did, but it was to learn how to do it. It may be useful ...
Tell me how you want to proceed and I can add my modifications to your sources.
Paul Eye

Post by Paul Eye »

IXix wrote:
tinga wrote:i'm not sure for compatibility for random wave shape
It works as expected here. Do you have a problem? Having tested it though I'm now thinking about adding some (optional of course) smoothing to the random shape. Hmmm...
Isn't that basically the Wander waveform?
IXix

Post by IXix »

chahur wrote:Tell me how you want to proceed and I can add my modifications to your sources.
Send me the code and I'll merge it into the repo. Changing the number of params used to break machines but IIRC we're allowed to do that now so it should remain compatible.
Paul Eye wrote:Isn't that basically the Wander waveform?
I knew that. I was just checking that you did too. I hadn't forgotten. Honest. :oops:
tinga

Post by tinga »

IX wrote:It works as expected here. Do you have a problem?
If update freq is 1, random wave doesn't work, it has to be free, before, just the 1 worked (for random) wave, now it's the free value, that is very cool but...not 100% compatible (99,9% :lol: ok, not so funny)
In fact it's not so important, maybe it's bug of the old version.
This free value is really great, it changes the machine, nice if Chahur's params could be added.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:If update freq is 1, random wave doesn't work, it has to be free
Ah yes, I see it now. Thanks tinga.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

any chance for an optional seed value on random modes?
IXix

Post by IXix »

esp81 wrote:any chance for an optional seed value on random modes?
Give them an inch...
IXix

Post by IXix »

Okay, I think random is working properly now and I've uploaded new builds to SF. Let me know if you find any other bugs.

I'll look at the other requests soon. :)
chahur

Post by chahur »

IXix wrote:Send me the code and I'll merge it into the repo. Changing the number of params used to break machines but IIRC we're allowed to do that now so it should remain compatible.
Source code is here, merged with your last version :
PeerLFO.zip
IXix

Post by IXix »

chahur wrote:Source code is here, merged with your last version :
PeerLFO.zip
Thanks! :)
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Here's more virtual hugs!

<3 <3. <3
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

The latest version BTDSys Peer LFO x86 - 2015.02.09. gives me an instant crash when loading older projects containing Peer LFO (using buzz 1499) :(
IXix

Post by IXix »

Klangkulisse wrote:The latest version BTDSys Peer LFO x86 - 2015.02.09. gives me an instant crash when loading older projects containing Peer LFO (using buzz 1499) :(
Can you send me a project?
tinga

Post by tinga »

Works fine here, I can load old things. And the 1 value is now effective 8-)
Klangkulisse wrote:The latest version BTDSys Peer LFO x86 - 2015.02.09. gives me an instant crash when loading older projects containing Peer LFO (using buzz 1499)
Maybe the problem is the .prs file, I notice a sort of bug yesterday evening, buzz doesn't crash, but the lfo has no param window, and buzz send a message about .prs
tinga

Post by tinga »

:? there is some problem with random, update freq parameter is different for random wave, it has not to update by it, rate rule it, the last version (1.3) was perfect, all values (or just the 1 for compatibility) have to react like the free value, ruled on the rate parameter. It seems it's just if lfo is assigned to notes, with params it works normaly.The free value doesn't work with notes. Yes , I have the stupid idea to trig notes with lfo, i do that since peer LFO exists.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote::? there is some problem with random, update freq parameter is different for random wave, it has not to update by it, rate rule it, the last version (1.3) was perfect, all values (or just the 1 for compatibility) have to react like the free value, ruled on the rate parameter. It seems it's just if lfo is assigned to notes, with params it works normaly.The free value doesn't work with notes. Yes , I have the stupid idea to trig notes with lfo, i do that since peer LFO exists.
I think I understand. Values are sent out constantly according to Update Freq even if the value hasn't changed, which causes note params to retrigger (which sounds really bad in Free mode!). Is that what you mean? If so then that's easy to fix.

Regarding the .prs problem. I had that too. I wonder if it's because I changed the range of a parameter? Deleting the .prs file got rid of the errors. I don't think Buzz actually uses .prs files now as presets are stored in .xml format but I think it tries to convert the old .prs into .xml format when you first open up a machine.
Klangkulisse wrote:The latest version BTDSys Peer LFO x86 - 2015.02.09. gives me an instant crash when loading older projects containing Peer LFO (using buzz 1499)
I did get a crash loading my test project if I saved it with the PeerLFO param window open. It didn't seem to crash inside PeerLFO though. I think it was because of the .prs file thing. Try deleting the .prs and see if it still crashes. If that doesn't work, open the dubug console before loading a song that crashes and see if it says anything useful.
tinga

Post by tinga »

IX wrote:I think I understand. Values are sent out constantly according to Update Freq even if the value hasn't changed, which causes note params to retrigger (which sounds really bad in Free mode!). Is that what you mean? If so then that's easy to fix.
Yes, it's great now, the random param works exactly according to the rate, for notes that means a total liberty for rhythm, independent of buzz BPM if we use Hz or ms, it's not the same PeerLFO, a new tool for me, a very easy to use sequencer, the duo peerlfo peerscale is very nice now.
I discover the interaction between ticks update and rate in ms in random mode, amazing, this subtick update is a killer update.