Corona

boombaxx

Corona

Post by boombaxx »

Just bought Corona recently i like it UI is precise and clear sounds great :dance:
boombaxx

Re: Corona

Post by boombaxx »

What is the midi cc for mod matrix sliders in corona cannot see them in params list :?:
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

They are not parameters because technically they are buzz attributes. :) I'll try to fix this later but meanwhile check the new (free) update that was just released.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Ah fantastic - Is there a changelog online anywhere for this new build of Corona ?
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Excellent, thanks man :)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Wow, that LP303 filter ... just magic - can get so much resonant squealing out of it :D

BTW are all the authors of discoDSP different? I was really interested in the Phantom VST but it totally kills Ableton and Reaper (the former will completely refuse to boot if installed, and the latter will just crash if you try and launch the VST). I've tried getting in contact with George (I think that's who runs the mailing list) but he seemed rather dismissive and seemed to just want me to go away and change DAW rather than investigating the issue :cry:
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

I tried the new Corona 5.0 demo and the sound quality is amazing, and even more the easy way to create sounds never heard before within a minute. So yes, I am convinced to click the buy button.

As I like to play around by keyjazzing there is one behavior that might be only demowise?
Loading corona in buzz, the keyboard focus gets lost, when I use the mouse – for instance – to turn a knob. I have to click on the title bar to get in focus again for keyjazzing. I know this behavior from other VSTi, but there are a lot that keep the focus, no matter where the last mouse click was made on the gui.

And – last niggling ;-) – the white typeface in the microtuning section is hard to read.

Anyway – I can only recommend to try this fantastic synth. Especiallly the built-in sequencer is pure fun.
Meanwhile corona is light years ahead from its little sister qsamo – which is still one of the top buzz machines.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Use prevent focus stealing in prefs polac vst. Like the 303 filter really cool :dance:
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

Thanks, check the asymmetic dist too. I was kind-of surprised at how fun they were to toy with. Maybe someone makes an actual song or so.
fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

This is a shot in the dark but I'd figure I'd ask. Seeing as Corona is very similar to Qsamo, and I LOVE playing with Qsamo in Buzz, is there at all a way to integrate the "parameter locking" feature that Buzz Generators contain when you decide to randomize? I'm a pretty big fan of happy accidents but the ability to hold on to a particular wave form and just randomize 2 others, or just hold the filter cutoff but randomize the filter envelope (and so on and so forth through all aspects of the synth) would be an astounding feature. Especially if you could decide just "how" random you want to go (deciding cutoff limits, particular semitones, etc)

This is a huge request I'm sure, but I'm just hopeful and messages in the forum are free. Hell even if this ended up in hypothetical Corona MKII or something I'd be absolutely sure to buy that even if that was the only added feature. If that randomize button with synced up parameters could be triggered via midi ... well ... *explodes*
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

boombaxx wrote:Use prevent focus stealing in prefs polac vst.
Thanks for this tip! Polac really thought of everything, amazing! :o
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Yes, thank you boombaxx for the tip and of course polac for implementing the anti focus stealing function
Never noticed it – this annoyance is gone :dance:
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Polac is the dude. For a Win 98 program Buzz is still very relevant.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

boombaxx wrote:Polac is the dude. For a Win 98 program Buzz is still very relevant.
And it's not even a Win 98 program. I wrote it on NT 4.0.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

So Buzz is 21 years old :o
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Qsamo has stood the test of time with me. I like it more and more as I get to know it better. It acts the nicest with my keyboard too. As such, Corona is the only synth that I really am pining to buy.
tinga

Post by tinga »

There is a lock just under the tuning option, but we can't select it, is it for keeping a tuning?
george

Post by george »

Yes, hopefully it will work on 5.1.
tinga

Post by tinga »

George wrote:Yes, hopefully it will work on 5.1.
That will be very useful, I have to finish presets for Corona, I've made many sounds for Corona, but lot of them are not very melodic, very noisy, rains, thunder, post apo., dark textures, I use Osc3 in fixed mode, I pitch it down, like a LFO, and with the "classic waves", we have a large variety of waves, Nature, Destruction and Cosmos is the the name of this bank, no samples except my 4 last birds sf2, and maybe some samples of planet by Nasa, but they are a little bit crappy (in fact, with Corona, the five native waves are my fav, we can create white noise with filters, osc combine, and an incredible variety of spectrum).
So I try to make a 128 tuning presets bank.