Leapmotion with Buzz?

tinga

Leapmotion with Buzz?

Post by tinga »

An alternative to the mouse (fingers destroyer), leapmotion seems to be very interesting, many videos on youtube.
My question is about leapmotion in Buzz, somebody thinks about that? I'm curious, it's not very expensive, around 70 euros, to play with Buzz just by moving fingers, a dream :?:
AndersBrontosaurus

Re: Leapmotion with Buzz?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Looks like updated products inspired by Johnny Lee. :-)

http://johnnylee.net/projects/wii/
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:An alternative to the mouse (fingers destroyer), leapmotion seems to be very interesting, many videos on youtube.
My question is about leapmotion in Buzz, somebody thinks about that? I'm curious, it's not very expensive, around 70 euros, to play with Buzz just by moving fingers, a dream :?:
I'm sure it could be made to work with Buzz somehow. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun experimenting. :)
tinga

Post by tinga »

This software seems to be cool or this, midi with peer machines is very potent.
Opinions are rather mixed about leapmotion, but I'll try to find one.
tinga

Post by tinga »

I have one since two days, and it works great with Geco midi, in theory, we could have 2X20 control together, but in fact 2 "xyz" (one by hand) are the more effective, and three dimensions for a sound is great, volume, pitch, spectrum, of course the first thing I done is a Theremin, Fuzzpilz's kitchen sink2, Joachims Mars2, Tethys1.3, and delay/reverb, lot of fun!
Leap motion is perfect for what I'm doing, I will post very soon some videos, the size of a lighter, just move your hand and sculpt the sound, a great instrument.
Mozart von Robot

Post by Mozart von Robot »

I have one since preorder.
I've tried to use it. Can't get it to work right. Can't get the pointer to go where I want, and I can't click no matter how much I try. Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm using the wrong app or it just sucks. For this reason, it's been collecting dust for most of the time since I got it. I am not happy with my purchase, but if someone could help me figure the stupid thing out, I'd be happy to at least try again.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Mozart von Robot wrote:I've tried to use it. Can't get it to work right. Can't get the pointer to go where I want, and I can't click no matter how much I try.
Leap Motion is not very useful for other things than midi, use it to control windows, and prepare you to suicide, Geco Midi works fine for me, with Buzz it's magic, since the kineck exist, microsoft was unable to purpose a midi solution, the only thing that can save leap motion is midi, all the other softwares for it are bullshit, anyway, it's a very nice controller.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Did you try AeroMIDI? Seems cool too :dance:
tinga

Post by tinga »

A quick made video, accumulator is the trigger, peerscale, right hand control 3 generators, the notes pitch, 3 axes, also the yaw movement to modulate, left hand just to select birds, hand presence to start sound.
Finally it's easy to control 6 or 7 controllers by hand, of course, great fun with filters, feedback etc...
All is controllable in real time, tempo, groove, dynamic, all my work with accumulator make sense now.
With Corona... :dance:
Magmavander wrote:Did you try AeroMIDI? Seems cool too
No, I didn't try it, there is a free version, so I will try later, Geco is perfect for me, simple, ergonomic, nice, and very versatile.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:A quick made video, accumulator is the trigger, peerscale, right hand control 3 generators, the notes pitch, 3 axes, also the yaw movement to modulate, left hand just to select birds, hand presence to start sound.
Finally it's easy to control 6 or 7 controllers by hand, of course, great fun with filters, feedback etc...
All is controllable in real time, tempo, groove, dynamic, all my work with accumulator make sense now.
With Corona... :dance:
Bravo! :dance:
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

very interesting bit like the theremini but not

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/ether ... /theremini
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

You're the man, Tinga!
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Hi Tinga, can you explain quickly how to drive a buzz machine's parameters with Leap Motion ? I can make it work with few apps given with the LM but not with buzz :(
tinga

Post by tinga »

magmavander wrote:Hi Tinga, can you explain quickly how to drive a buzz machine's parameters with Leap Motion ?
You must buy Geco Midi, and install midiloop (thx snowglobe to point it) , select the cable you must create before, select it in both, buzz and gecoand assign the midi controller, if you want I could send you my midimap, and you could use my template, I've centralized all midi ctrl on one BTDSys PeerCtrl, the two hands, by this way, the geco midi windows is not necessary, and after I've just to connect the PeerCtrl to what i want.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Merci!!
I have bought Geko 8-)
I will download midiloop to try what you say.
And yes, of course, your midi maps+templates are interesting me a lot!!
Thanks for sharing it :dance:
BTW : can't we use the midi input (Preferences>>midi input) of Buzz ?
I have installed the demo of AeroMidi for LM and I see it in Midi Input Device list in Midi Input tab.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

That first video... it's obviously multi-touch, but the sound is monophonic!? Seems a bit odd. Also, not quite sure I see much of a connection between his finger movements and what I hear.

I mean, if you have something as sensitive and multi-dimensional as a big multi-touch screen like his, shouldn't it be possible to achieve less mechanically sounding results?

Edit: The video tinga posted is far more impressive IMHO. But still, it's a bit hard to tell how much is controlled by his hands. Seems like the rhythm is buzz, and some of the notes are Leapmotion?
tinga

Post by tinga »

But still, it's a bit hard to tell how much is controlled by his hands. Seems like the rhythm is buzz, and some of the notes are Leapmotion?
Yes, you're wright, accumulator is the rhythmic trigger, and I control the notes of the 3 synths --->x,y,z, but yesterday, I used PeerTrig, with a cheap microphone, and now, it's so cool, i can control rhythm, because as you said, Joachim, it' a little bit mechanical :lol:, it's also something I like to do, a non human music, a nowhere music.
Asio input-->PeerTrig--->BTDSys SampleGrid= a very cool electronic drum machine (with velocity of course, peertrig is a very sophisticated trigger velocity), so this template+leap motion and you control EVERYTHING.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Asio input-->PeerTrig--->BTDSys SampleGrid= a very cool electronic drum machine (with velocity of course, peertrig is a very sophisticated trigger velocity), so this template+leap motion and you control EVERYTHING.
Video! Video! Video! Video! Video! Video! Video! Video! Video! Video! Video! :mrgreen:
tinga

Post by tinga »

Ok, a small demo, just to show what I mean, crappy sound, but you can see how to transform every object to trigger velocity, funny, just one ctrl on left hand, sample change.

https://youtu.be/lzLNsBVUza4
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Ok, a small demo, just to show what I mean, crappy sound, but you can see how to transform every object to trigger velocity, funny, just one ctrl on left hand, sample change.

https://youtu.be/lzLNsBVUza4
8-)