Page 7 of 7
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2026 10:15 pm
by oskari
mik82 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 14, 2026 9:57 am
I also seem to be missing some of the wavetable envelope functionality, but haven't really looked into this properly.
That's special. I like it.
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2026 11:11 am
by Buzztler
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2026 9:23 pm
by thepedal
Going to second this RE PeerCtrl. Something similar or that machine working would really be the key to me committing to starting to write in ReBuzz now it seems stable enough.
How tricky would it be to integrate a way of writing out midi control mappings to a xml or something so I could create a map of all the BCR 2000 controls I have and be confident that whatever updates happen with ReBuzz in future I could import it in and not have to remap the whole lot again?
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2026 3:10 pm
by thepedal
https://github.com/thepedal/BTDSys-PeerCtrl-ReBuzz
Managed machine rewrite of BTDSys-PeerCtrl enitrely using Claude . Took about 6 hours with various bits of testing. I'm reasonably certain it does everything it needs to but any suggestions for improvement or bugs appreciated.
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Fri May 01, 2026 8:13 pm
by mcbpete
Super tiny request: Would it be possible for the screen size & position to be saved and then restored on next launch, as Buzz does?
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Sat May 02, 2026 9:18 am
by IXix
mcbpete wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2026 8:13 pm
Super tiny request: Would it be possible for the screen size & position to be saved and then restored on next launch, as Buzz does?
Ha, yeah. I'm hoping someone else will fix that soon or I'll have to try doing it myself.

Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Sat May 02, 2026 2:44 pm
by mcbpete
Also any chance of tweaking the loading pictures so they're less 'Polar bear playing a melted sax in front of a 'Dar'' and 'Camel/Horse playing a keyboard with the most complicated white and black note placement'
Joking aside, perhaps maybe a tweak in the verbosity of the loading text so rather than it looking like it's frozen on the 'So many instruments' text (especially if you're chosen to wipe the pvst list on install) it actually displays exactly what it's scanning
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Sat May 16, 2026 8:45 pm
by thepedal
My flirtation with writing managed machines for ReBuzz has consumed way too much of my spare time the last few weeks but the result is 36 and counting machines, mostly all tested for reliability with dlls (and presets sometimes) up as releases at
https://github.com/thepedal?tab=repositories
Attached zip has them all in at the stage they are currently. I can't guarantee they won't change and if params get added then you'll have to use ReBuzz's exclude machine (gear.xml) to take it out, load the song with it missing, delete it then include it again. Many of them will definitely not be changing to that degree in the future though.
Hope someone else enjoys using them!
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Wed May 27, 2026 12:30 pm
by Grids
Really excited about Pedal Tracker. I've been hanging out for a 64 bit tracker in buzz. I think I will make the full switch to rebuzz now. I use unwieldy tracker (2 or 3 - can;t remember) in Buzz, but this will be great.
Does it have multiple outs for different channels?
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Wed May 27, 2026 11:44 pm
by thepedal
Yes multi out is there! Just be aware that ReBuzz is a bit of a moving tagret right now and machines may need to be tweaked to accomodate future changes. ReBuzz now has disable machine loading in gear.xml though, if you need to strip out a machine which does not load because of changes.
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 12:11 am
by Mozart von Robot
Is there an alternative to using Groove 1? I love me some swing, and I especially love that Buzz can do adjustable 8th swing and 16th swing both at the same time to create fun, wonky rhythms, so if there's a way (other than automating tempo) to do that in ReBuzz too, that would be awesome and I'd love to know how.
EDIT: I see now in the latest update that a groove thing has been added. Nice. It does completely mess up the BPM, but it's certainly better than nothing and I love the idea of being able to set individual steps. I guess the reason why it screws with the tempo is because it's shortening steps without compensating for it, as opposed to delaying steps.
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2026 7:22 pm
by oskari
yeah the original idea was that it just adjusts the relative times between the ticks (the groove pattern) but the tempo stays the same. the groove pattern can have any length (not just 16 or so) for even weirder grooves.
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 10:52 am
by IXix
Can't find a thread here so it was probably posted in the Church but I made a groove thing ages ago. Don't know if it works with ReBuzz though...
IX Get It Swing v1.1a
You can really mangle the beat with it.

Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 3:01 am
by oskari
the api is extremely simple:
Code: Select all
void mi::Tick()
{
if (gval.swing8th != paraSwing8th.NoValue) swing8th = gval.swing8th;
if (gval.swing16th != paraSwing16th.NoValue) swing16th = gval.swing16th;
if (gval.trigger == SWITCH_ON)
{
float s8 = 1.0f + swing8th * 2.0f / 127.0f;
float s16 = 1.0f + swing16th * 2.0f / 127.0f;
float groove[4] = { s8 * s16, s8, s16, 1 };
pCB->SetGroovePattern(groove, 4);
}
else if (gval.trigger == SWITCH_OFF)
{
pCB->SetGroovePattern(NULL, 0);
}
}
the host has to normalize the timings but that's all. maybe the normalization is what's missing?
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 9:44 pm
by thepedal
Mozart von Robot wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2026 12:11 am
Is there an alternative to using Groove 1? I love me some swing, and I especially love that Buzz can do adjustable 8th swing and 16th swing both at the same time to create fun, wonky rhythms, so if there's a way (other than automating tempo) to do that in ReBuzz too, that would be awesome and I'd love to know how.
EDIT: I see now in the latest update that a groove thing has been added. Nice. It does completely mess up the BPM, but it's certainly better than nothing and I love the idea of being able to set individual steps. I guess the reason why it screws with the tempo is because it's shortening steps without compensating for it, as opposed to delaying steps.
I ended up writing a lot of beats with Peerchord triggering trackers because of the granular control of trigger timings it gives you but it's a dark art and you kind of need to do everything else with peerchord too if you want the groove to be there on bass, arps etc as well.
Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2026 6:48 pm
by mcbpete
IXix wrote: ↑Sat May 02, 2026 9:18 am
mcbpete wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2026 8:13 pm
Super tiny request: Would it be possible for the screen size & position to be saved and then restored on next launch, as Buzz does?
Ha, yeah. I'm hoping someone else will fix that soon or I'll have to try doing it myself.
This has now been added in the version released today (v1841)

Re: ReBuzz
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 3:01 pm
by IXix
mcbpete wrote: ↑Sun Sep 20, 2026 6:48 pm
This has now been added in the version released today (v1841)
Awesome! It's the little things.