Peer machine with audio input

mridlen

Peer machine with audio input

Post by mridlen »

Does a peer machine exist that can take an audio input and use the volume of it to modulate a parameter? (Like an auto-wah)

E.g.

Synth -> Peer machine -> Filter cutoff
Synth -> Filter -> Master
thOke

Re: Peer machine with audio input

Post by thOke »

mridlen

Post by mridlen »

What's worse is that I wrote a review as IntrospectiveJourneys... :oops: :roll: :?

I guess that *was* over 10 years ago, so maybe you guys can cut me a break. :lol:

Edit: aha! I need to put peerenv in the effects folder... it was loading as a generator and that's what confused me.
mute

Post by mute »

audio in---->peertrig (fx)------->peeradsr (gen)----->whatever

is godly.

specially when you start to use peertrig for controlling multiple things.
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

mute wrote:audio in---->peertrig (fx)------->peeradsr (gen)----->whatever

is godly.

specially when you start to use peertrig for controlling multiple things.
double plus agree on this one ! lately almost everything i write is in some way based around a peer trig scheme .. for instance been doing a lot of utrk (beat sequence)----peertrig----synth note and at the same time utrk---peertrig---synth cutoff or other parameter .. for instant acidy fun !
n3wjack

Post by n3wjack »

syphilissauna wrote: double plus agree on this one ! lately almost everything i write is in some way based around a peer trig scheme .. for instance been doing a lot of utrk (beat sequence)----peertrig----synth note and at the same time utrk---peertrig---synth cutoff or other parameter .. for instant acidy fun !
What does that do then? I never really saw the point of using the peertrigger thing as it tends to be hard to determine when something will be triggered (at least when I tried using it, but maybe I'm doing it wrong).

So you have a beat running in UTrk and if the volume of that peeks (because of a snare hit?) you play note in a 303-like synth?
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

well you have to noodle around with the sensitivity and anti flam so that its not over triggering . also you make patterns for peer trig with notes entered so that one pattern will trigger say c4 and then the next one c#4 or whatev .. I usually have say my kick triggering a bass line and whats really neat is then you can mute the kick (on the mixer not the machine its self ) and you have the bass still getting triggered ... makes for some really fun breakdowns .. I was planning on making my buzz tutorial for Weirdcraft (a zine i help publish that ive been writing buzz tutorials for every month ) this month about peer trigger .
n3wjack

Post by n3wjack »

I use the peer LFO a lot but the others not so much. It feels easier to just put the notes in sometimes instead of the trigger stuff.
Wouldn't mind seeing those tutorials though. :)