SnowMachines combined thread

snowglobe

Re: SnowMachines combined thread

Post by snowglobe »

Buzztler wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:16 am The demoes work fine so far in the latest 32bitBuzz, (in 64bitBuzz2022 I get a lot of "Object"-Errors)
Thanks for testing! I wonder if those errors could be theme-related? Everything seems fine in 64-bit here (wde's most recent build, default theme).

No, wait. Channel Surfer is borked in 64-bit. Paging wde ...
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

I wonder if those errors could be theme-related?
No, tested with default-theme and latest mire-extended, the errors on my system are .net related as it seems. Btw. still Win 10, latest .net 2015-2022, latest vcr red. Installed.Everything Buzz related (latest build.

Here the Error Messages:

error1.jpg
error1.jpg (140.86 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
So, here a small info about in which demo the errors seem to occur:

Target Practice: No Sound Output/ Object-Object Instance error
Parambulator: Sound Ok/ Long error message like error1 jpg
Channel Surfer: No Sound Output/No Error Message
Scale Snapper:No Sound Output/ Error Message
Scale Walker/ Both .net related Error Messages, afterclicking ok, I can see the machine windows

On 32 Bit New Buzz, everything seems to work fine, so I hope it helps to find, what might be wrong in my setup ...
Attachments
error2.jpg
error2.jpg (41.46 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Woahhhhh!!! I didnt see that there is a new SnowMachines Pack!! Thank you snow :dance: :dance: :dance:
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Tested your ScaleWalker.bmx in 32bit Buzz, I'm still deeply impressed 🙀, well that's some unbelievable stuff, what a range of possibilities ... what a workhorse, what a fantastic tool to do some absolutely superb stuff, or really hot 💩 ... fxxxing amazing, even on 32bit New Jeskola Buzz ...

Thank you for this amazing stuff 👏🙇‍♂️

(o.k. enough is enough ;) ) ... Still listening to "16" on C3 ... :dance:
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

Buzztler wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:33 am On 32 Bit New Buzz, everything seems to work fine, so I hope it helps to find, what might be wrong in my setup ...
I thank you again for your testing and kind words.

Probably nothing is wrong with your setup. wde is doing incredible things, and those things are complex, so yeah, complications should be expected in comparing behaviors in Buzz 32-bit vs 64-bit.

I have made a small change in the code for TargetPractice that might make at least one of your error messages go away. I also replaced the demo file for ChannelSurfer, because I figured out that I originally saved it using PatternXP *mod* and 64-bit did not like that.

@wde: I have found that any bmx I save in 64-bit will hang at "Sequence Loading" in 32-bit. This is true even for a completely blank bmx.
edited to add: For me, the built-in pattern editor is very messed up in 64-bit
Last edited by snowglobe on Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

For me, the built-in pattern editor is very messed up in 64-bit
Yes, it's a bit wobbly. Same for Sequence Editor, but a lot less. But THANK YOU wde :dance: :D
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

magmavander wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:04 pm
For me, the built-in pattern editor is very messed up in 64-bit
Yes, it's a bit wobbly. Same for Sequence Editor, but a lot less. But THANK YOU wde :dance: :D
Thanks, mag! (too bad we can't put emoji-reacts directly on posts in here <sad emoji>).
IXix

Post by IXix »

Haven't had chance to examine this stuff yet but FWIW the ScaleWalker demo instacrashes Buzz64, no errors or anything, just poof.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

IXix wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:12 pm Haven't had chance to examine this stuff yet but FWIW the ScaleWalker demo instacrashes Buzz64, no errors or anything, just poof.
:?
It loads and runs fine for me in 64. So odd that we're all seeing such different things.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

I have made a small change in the code for TargetPractice that might make at least one of your error messages go away. I also replaced the demo file for ChannelSurfer, because I figured out that I originally saved it using PatternXP *mod* and 64-bit did not like that.
O.k. just tried again on 64bit (perhaps it helps to get a clue what is going on) ... something interesting ... the errormessage in the Channel Surfer.bmx is gone, still no sound, but no .NET related errors, (so it depends on the chosen pattern editor?) loads fine, even after closing, and reopening.

The error with Target Practice remains. All the other errors too and still the Parambulator.bmx is the only one with a sound output ...
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Ehm, well ... I gave feedback when I got error-messages and, ehm, well now I have to tell you that after renstallation of the definately latest Win10 update "22H2" :roll: every little thing of the snowmachines 2023 pack runs fine on my NewBuzz 32-Bit-Setup .... :D including da fffffine sound output ... thank you Snowglobe ... you are "over the top" in the finest way ...
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

Great to hear, Buzztler!

I'll have an update sometime in the near future -- I think I may have solved an issue with buzz randomly crashing the machine once in a while (and also added an option to pass through incoming MIDI cc messages to targeted machines).