hard disk record produces broken wav file.

onecircles

hard disk record produces broken wav file.

Post by onecircles »

just like it sounds. Tried windows media player and foobar.

unrecoverable playback error.
or
windows media player encountered a problem when playing the file.
onecircles

Re: hard disk record produces broken wav file.

Post by onecircles »

Happens on record and render regardless of bit depth.
domtron

Post by domtron »

I don't have any issues you mentioned and never had.
Could you give some specs like soundcard,graphics card, cpu?

It sounds like a driver issue,maybe energy options did you try to render using different drivers,wasapi,polac asio?
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

I made an alternate installation of buzz and it works. I'll probably just migrate all my stuff to the new install. Thanks for suggesting checking the drivers though. I'm going to do that before I go through the trouble, since the alternate is using wasapi and I usually use wdm kernel streaming.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Yeah, this install of buzz is broke. I can't get it to acquire my midi device either.

Last night I was trying to set up a midi merge in software. I normally use midiOX and midi YOKE but since moving to a new motherboard they don't seem to work. I made some janky attempts to install some really old drivers, and I think it may have caused a problem.

I'm thinking i should rebuild my buzz folder from scratch anyway. I have a lot of machines in there that I wanted to have because they sound interesting, but I don't often use them.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

ugh, I moved to a new install and it still isn't working. Some older install works though. what gives?

The common demoninator is drivers, as it worked on a new installation using wasapi. I currently can't get asio to open. My card is supposed to support asio, but it has many issues, at least with buzz. When I try to load asio it fails.

It's a Juli@xte from esi.

I guess I'll reinstall it's drivers, or check for new ones. I'm looking at getting a new card, but I've really had a lot of issues with this one so I'm not going for anything reasonably priced next time... Just wish I had the money to switch now.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

I really want to switch to asio, because everyone says it rules, and I'm finding myself very intrigued by all this high precision midi timing stuff I never noticed in polac asio.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Reinstalling drivers worked, thanks for the suggestion!