Polac Asio Midi and routing options for Buzz

onecircles

Polac Asio Midi and routing options for Buzz

Post by onecircles »

Midi merge!

Is there any way to do this using polac midi in? I want 2 devices to control 1 synth, and Ideally, also be available seperately as well.

I used to do this using midi OX and midi YOKE but those are fantastically old now, and they don't seem to work on the new z97 motherboard I'm on.

Also

I never noticed all the cool midi settings in polac asio.

Use alternate midi delay compensation
boost midi thread priority
sync to asio timestamp
exact midi timing>auto resync

What do all these do? I've got a really good controller, and if these settings can help me make the best of it, they're all turning on %D
snowglobe

Re: Polac Asio Midi and routing options for Buzz

Post by snowglobe »

onecircles wrote:Midi merge!

Is there any way to do this using polac midi in? I want 2 devices to control 1 synth, and Ideally, also be available seperately as well.
Well, have you tried Polac MIDI In? Should do the trick - one In machine per device (right-click to get at the menus for setting input device and targets).

Edited to add: After MIDI Yoke stopped working I found an even better alternative for virtual cabling: LoopMIDI
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been looking for a new midi manager so I'm excited to check that out. I remembered why I haven't done this the way you said. I don't like wrapping my buzz machines in pvst so that midi in can send to them. When I wrap a machine in pvst I often can't access my presets, the sliders in the GUI don't reflect their values dynamically as they are changed in midi and I often find there are certain parameters I can't get to respond to my midi mappings. Any suggestion on that front?
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

onecircles wrote:Thanks for the suggestions! I've been looking for a new midi manager so I'm excited to check that out. I remembered why I haven't done this the way you said. I don't like wrapping my buzz machines in pvst so that midi in can send to them. When I wrap a machine in pvst I often can't access my presets, the sliders in the GUI don't reflect their values dynamically as they are changed in midi and I often find there are certain parameters I can't get to respond to my midi mappings. Any suggestion on that front?
There's a way to get the presets when you wrap native machines in pvst, but anyway you don't have to wrap to send from Polac MIDI In to a non-MIDID native machine. Instead you can use one of the two Polac MIDI Bus options (the II version is wireless, while with the original you send a wire from your generator to the MIDI Bus machine).

(Hey Polac and/or Oskari, why doesn't Polac MIDI In - and Polac MIDI send from PVST - recognize MIDI-ready machines like IX Split or Snowglobe TargetPractice as valid targets?)
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

snowglobe wrote: Edited to add: After MIDI Yoke stopped working I found an even better alternative for virtual cabling: LoopMIDI
When did MIDI Yoke stop working? I'm using it successfully on Windows 7 64-bit. Is it a Windows 8 thang?

:?: :?: :?:
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

I did so in the past as well. Win7 64. The only difference is that I've now moved to a newer board with the latest socket 1150 chip set (z97) so I think that is what broke it in my case.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

etruscan wrote:When did MIDI Yoke stop working? I'm using it successfully on Windows 7 64-bit. Is it a Windows 8 thang?
I had trouble getting it running on a new Win 7 x64 machine a few years ago. Could've maybe sorted out the situation with dependency walker or something, but I looked around for alternatives and found loopBe1 and then loopMIDI (>loopBe1), so never looked back.
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

LoopMIDI sounds worth checking out - thanks for the pointer :)
RJ1

Post by RJ1 »

Midi Yoke failes sometimes to work after a crash or setting changes and disappears.
On my W7/64 it works perfectly.
Whenever it disappears, i run the Midiyoke msi installer again and click "repair".
That always brought back the driver.
IXix

Post by IXix »

LoopMIDI + MidiTrix here. Works well.

https://www.hermannseib.com/english/miditrix.htm