How to send MTC (Midi Time Code) from buzz to Reaper

bozz

How to send MTC (Midi Time Code) from buzz to Reaper

Post by bozz »

Ok, in my case it is not buzz but buze 0.5.2 (sometimes also buze 0.5.9 or buze 0.8.9).

In forums there is mentioning of polac midi send, but I could not find any such machine. If I pvst for example, then directly after loading this pvst machine there is no option for any MTC settings.

Any hints which machines are capable of sending MTC (Midi Time Code) from buze 0.5.2 to Reaper?

I know rewirelink as well, yes this works. But then in Reaper when using ReaRouteASIO from buze to Reaper via ReaInsert, those inputs do not show up in Rewire client mode (buze master and Reaper as Rewire client).

So I was hoping to get a similar syncing capabilities as is nicely possible with rewirelink.dll via MTC (Midi Time Code). I like the ReaRouteASIO and ReaInsert approach as then I can send different stereo outs from buze directly to Reaper, and not only a stereo out (as is the case with Rewirelink, at least here). ReaInsert and ReaRouteASIO are just perfects, only snycing timeline (bpm, looping region) additionally would be great.
Thanks friends for any hints.
bozz

Re: How to send MTC (Midi Time Code) from buzz to Reaper

Post by bozz »

Found another solution, for the interested see this in Reaper forums.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=282892