Polac VSTi and MIDI devices

IXix

Polac VSTi and MIDI devices

Post by IXix »

1. In the 'Plugins' menu on PVSTi there's a MIDI submenu which lists my MIDI devices
  2. I select one and I get a PVSTi machine named after the device.
  3. I open the PVST 'MIDI Send...' dialog and select a machine to send MIDI to.
  4. It doesn't work :?
I have MidiTrix open and I can see that my device is working. What am I doing wrong? Does this work for anyone else?

It looks like I can send MIDI from specific devices to specific machines, which would be unspeakably useful, but I can't get it to work. :cry:
UNZ

Re: Polac VSTi and MIDI devices

Post by UNZ »

maybe i'm missunderstanding something: are you trying to send midi to an external device or to another machine?

in the MIDI submenu there is an entry for "Internal MIDI", which i suppose is for sending midi to other plugins. just tested that, it works.
for external, maybe you need to check if the port is somehow blocked by buzz itself?
strangely enough, i can also use an external midi port to actually send to internal machines, it doesn't seem to matter what port is selected in the "Midi Send" dialog. It just works..
i also got it to send to an external (virtual) port and observe the messages in midiox.
IXix

Re: Polac VSTi and MIDI devices

Post by IXix »

Edit: Nevermind. Having a stupid moment. Those are for MIDI output not input. Duh. :roll: