Future of Buzz / Lots of new DAWS
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:29 am
There has been an explosion of new free DAWS in the last few years. Some of this has to do with vibe-coding (some not).
I kinda worry about Buzz (or Rebuzz) surviving amidst this onslaught. Yes, some are kinda half-baked or AI slop but a bunch have incredible promise. I worry about Buzz being left behind or fading in the swirl of options.
For Buzz to be competitive and last, I feel that buzz (or Rebuzz) needs to be:
Here are a few new free DAWs (I haven't included the truckloads of new free retro trackers, browser only DAWs or AI music creation DAWs):
Bero Tracker - https://www.berotracker.com/ -Looks like Bero Tracker has had some updates including VST3 support
Septabee - wild new experimental DAW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNuv7AY4No
Ultradaw - https://ultradaw.com/ - Modular tracker daw
OMNI Daw - https://omnidaw.com/ - Vibecoded but looks kinda epic as a DAW
YAWN - https://github.com/tkleisas/yawn - Has some abelton aspects
Bespoke - https://www.bespokesynth.com/
Orch - https://orch-21u.pages.dev/
Magda - https://magda.land/
Nota - https://github.com/nota-daw/
Splitwave - https://splitwave.app/ - Looks interesting has modular cabling etc
Faustwave https://faustwave.io/
Infinite (Modular AV) - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/infini ... by-n1m21n/
Meadowlark - https://whoisryosuke.com/blog/2026/crea ... w-in-rust/
Nearoo Music Tool - https://github.com/Nearoo/music-tool
Ongenet - https://onge.net/ DAW with clip launcher etc
Pertylizer - https://github.com/pertyjons/pertylizer
JACKDAW - https://github.com/chvolow24/jackdaw
Open Studio - https://openstudio.org.in/
Open Modular - https://openmelodies.ca/modular
TheDaw - https://github.com/gantasmo/theDAW
Maolan - https://github.com/maolan/maolan
Furnace (VST fork) - https://github.com/agrecascino/furnacevst - Chiptune tracker with VST support
I kinda worry about Buzz (or Rebuzz) surviving amidst this onslaught. Yes, some are kinda half-baked or AI slop but a bunch have incredible promise. I worry about Buzz being left behind or fading in the swirl of options.
For Buzz to be competitive and last, I feel that buzz (or Rebuzz) needs to be:
- Stable - not crashing etc.
Simple - easy installation without stuffing around, one great multi-out tracker, VST3 support (personally, I no longer use any internal Buzz synths like Infector), peer machines working etc.
Thriving community to support any issues - like this forum
Here are a few new free DAWs (I haven't included the truckloads of new free retro trackers, browser only DAWs or AI music creation DAWs):
Bero Tracker - https://www.berotracker.com/ -Looks like Bero Tracker has had some updates including VST3 support
Septabee - wild new experimental DAW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNuv7AY4No
Ultradaw - https://ultradaw.com/ - Modular tracker daw
OMNI Daw - https://omnidaw.com/ - Vibecoded but looks kinda epic as a DAW
YAWN - https://github.com/tkleisas/yawn - Has some abelton aspects
Bespoke - https://www.bespokesynth.com/
Orch - https://orch-21u.pages.dev/
Magda - https://magda.land/
Nota - https://github.com/nota-daw/
Splitwave - https://splitwave.app/ - Looks interesting has modular cabling etc
Faustwave https://faustwave.io/
Infinite (Modular AV) - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/infini ... by-n1m21n/
Meadowlark - https://whoisryosuke.com/blog/2026/crea ... w-in-rust/
Nearoo Music Tool - https://github.com/Nearoo/music-tool
Ongenet - https://onge.net/ DAW with clip launcher etc
Pertylizer - https://github.com/pertyjons/pertylizer
JACKDAW - https://github.com/chvolow24/jackdaw
Open Studio - https://openstudio.org.in/
Open Modular - https://openmelodies.ca/modular
TheDaw - https://github.com/gantasmo/theDAW
Maolan - https://github.com/maolan/maolan
Furnace (VST fork) - https://github.com/agrecascino/furnacevst - Chiptune tracker with VST support