Show your work (pics!)

onecircles

Show your work (pics!)

Post by onecircles »

So I am an idiot and only today learned how to properly embed pictures. I think it would be nice if we had a pics thread going all up in here. For those who don't know, like my nard-hole self, all you have to do is take a screenshot with print screen, or use snipping tool, then upload the image to a hosting site like https://postimages.org/ which is very easy.

Then use the direct link which ends in the file extension .jpg or .png or .gif (pronounced jiff)

Put the link between the img tags *Image*

But without the asteriskses. There's even a convenient button at the top of the text entry field to populate those tags for you so you can paste in a link. If you already know this it's probably because you are some kind of genius.

So today I am remastering my drums. I have been using a fair amount of live effects on my drums, but am running into my CPU ceiling, and so I realized I could make my drums sound WAY better AND save CPU by creating a mastering oriented BMX, and then putting my drums through as many effects as I want and re-recording my samples. It can be really cool to script a live drum synthesizer like ld snare or rout 808, but since I am using samples I can just do the buzz equivalent of a mix down.

Here's a pic of me running everything through about 10 paralell distortions. VST and Buzz machines. I do this a lot, since I can and why not. I run everything into mixio and then solo each track to get that particular plugin's sound dialed in, and then I use the mixer to emphasize whatever plugins sound the best.

and here's a pic of my mastering BMX. It has my drum machine and 3 sound sources of polac mediavst. I split the drum signal into a dry signal for the kick, and an effected signal for everything else, and then I have another send for sound effects which goes and joins the other sound sources. I created a lot of space in the middle to put in whatever signal processing machines I want to mess with.

OK, now you!
HerrFornit

Re: Show your work (pics!)

Post by HerrFornit »

you can upload pictures from the desktop , too.

a setup:
I'm used to mix and master in one setup.
https://www.buzztunes.org/music/herrfor ... stmas-2018
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Cool! Amazing tune btw. Guitar sounds great. I love the overall spare texture. Very nicely done.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Opened up a preset file for the first time today. Now I can share a single preset like my kick drum I just posted in presets. WOOHOO! I'm lame, I know whatever.

Some things are going to be a lot easier now that I know how this works...
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Got this thing working in buzz. I had an FCB-1010 and really didn't like it. It had a dead zone at the base of the pedal, and was just generally uninspiring to play. So I went over to this roland fc-300. I'm really happy with it. The pedals are very solidly constructed, and it's much easier to program because it has buttons. It can do pretty much anything. I'm using it with peer state to do mass tone changes in my effects.

Using BTDsys Peerstate you can use a midi note to trigger a parameter change in as many parameters in as many machines as you want, and do it with inertia so they slowly morph into each other. It's utterly insane honestly, especially if you compare it to what you'd have to do with a pedal board to accomplish something similar.

Buzz is a tracker, but no one ever talks about how, if you use polac asio drivers, it becomes the most incredible host for live digital effects. As low latency as you care to make it (cpu cost), as high a sample rate as you care to achieve (cpu cost). If you're already buying digital effects, why pay for all those tiny shitty microprocessors when you could get one reeeeealy nice microprocessor and run everything through it?

Even if you never touch the tracker or the sequencer, you could just use it as a super hi-fi multi effects, and I think it's the most intuitive that you could imagine because... it has CABLES!!! We love cables.

Anyways super happy with the Roland fc-300 in buzz.

Althoooooooough, I bought it used and the owner listed it's condition as "excellent" but they had spilled a whole drink in the dang thing!

It made a sound like walking on a sticky floor if you put any pressure on it anywhere. Turns out the whole thing was full of coka-cola an cat hair. No joke.

I had to completely disassemble it to the point that there was nothing left in the chassis in order to get all the coka-cola out. Luckily I'm a professional electronics assembler, so it wasn't intimidating. Single dirtiest item I have ever bought online. Now it is nice and clean and MINE. Plus I got to see all the internal bibs and bobs.