IX Magic 1.18 - July 22nd, 2024

Candle

Re: IX Magic 1.17b - June 10th, 2024

Post by Candle »

I know I keep praising this amazing machine, but I gotta do it again :shock: :lol:

So I'm trying to fix some inefficiencies in my "Live" Setup that have been annoying me since I first created this crazy BMX file a few years ago. Magic has solved a problem that I have been quite annoyed with for some time. I have my foot controller set to change patch settings in IX Patch Bay (a couple of Patch Bays at the same time, actually) thanks to Magic's amazing interface. The patches route my mic, guitar, & various keyboards & synths in various different ways in my setup - including routing to the Mobius VST Looper. But I also want the same pedal touch to change the selected track in Mobius. I've been fighting to find a way to do this via Mobius' customizable VST Parameters (you can customize which of the hundreds of parameters, functions, controls, & scripts your Host will see as VST Parameters), but no matter what I did it would not select a particular track, only scroll through them from either 1-8 or 8-1 (Mobius has 8 Tracks that can have up to 8 Loops each - essentially 8 looping pedals chained together that are all controlled by the same VST interface). Then it finally hit me: use Mobius' MIDI Bindings & Magic's MIDI Send function instead. So I bound the 8 Tracks to MIDI Program Change values in Mobius & setup Magic to send Program Change commands with each tap of the corresponding foot pedal. Et voilà, it works exactly as advertised :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The fact that you can combine parameter changes with MIDI messages (Control or Notes) in Magic is freaking AMAZING :!: IX, you're making my performance logistic dreams come true :D

:dance: :dance: :dance:

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Re: IX Magic 1.17b - June 10th, 2024

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:34 pm I know I keep praising this amazing machine, but I gotta do it again ...
I love hearing how people are using my machines. Magic was first conceived as a live performance tool so it's great that you're using it that way. The next update will bring a few quality of life features to make it a bit easier to work with.

As always, if you have any suggestions or requests, feel free to voice them. :D
IXix

Re: IX Magic 1.18 - July 22nd, 2024

Post by IXix »

Update time! Some good stuff in this one, fixes, features, improvements but all that pales into insignificance compared to the fact that the active Step is now shown in the object list. Whoop, I say! Whoop! :lol:
IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm 2024.06.10 IX Magic 1.18 at buzz.robotplanet.dk
+ Fixed crash when parsing peer pingpong value without target machine.
+ Added Event trigger mode to specify latch/accumulator behaviour.
+ Peer parameter assignments are now remapped if possible when changing target machine.
+ Object list now indicates current Step in Sequence.
+ Added latch modes to note-off default menus.
+ Removed various attributes for global options. These values are now stored in the settings file.
+ Removed option to disable keyboard input filtering.
+ Labelling tweaks
+ Machine v1.18, File v16
IXix

Post by IXix »

Re. keyboard filtering. The option to turn it off was in case there was an issue with international keyboards but I don't think that's possible now, as the underlying system changed significantly several versions ago.

Re. removed attributes. If by some chance you'd set gear.xml defaults for these, you'll need to set those options again. The reason for the change is that (unless you'd edited gear.xml) the options didn't apply to new instances, so I moved them to the settings.xml file. Sorry for any inconvenience. :D

Re. parameter remapping. Suggestions for further aliases and exclusions are welcome.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Cool update, thankyou.
I try it and step's indication is one step ahead, did i made a bullshit? anyway its a very good feature.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:27 pm Cool update, thankyou.
I try it and step's indication is one step ahead, did i made a bullshit? anyway its a very good feature.
Not sure if you're making a pun or a bug report tinga. :lol:
IXix

Post by IXix »

Getting there... :dance:

tinga

Post by tinga »

Where is this page? I can't find it! :o
It seems you integrated transport in magic
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:09 pm Where is this page? I can't find it! :o
It seems you integrated transport in magic
Sorry tinga, it's just a teaser! Coming in the next release, probably in a few weeks. It will be a lot of fun. :D
IXix

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:50 am Coming in the next release, probably in a few weeks. It will be a lot of fun. :D
Taking longer than anticipated due to inevitable feature creep, but still coming soon. It's getting pretty nifty now. :D