ReBuzz

richb

Re: ReBuzz

Post by richb »

mcbpete wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:46 pm Tried last night before bed, not sure if it froze or was still scanning my VSTs but after 50 minutes still on the splash screen with little/no activity on my harddisk light I launched Task Manager and had to force-close the app

@wde - Not sure if it's possible, but would there be any way of making the progress text at the bottom of the splash screen slightly more verbose? I've a silly number of VST2&3s so I think if I waited long enough it probably would've launched but I didn't know what stage the 'Building DB Polac VSTi 1.1' step had got to - is there a ways of getting it to display what plugins are currently being scanned/added so I know if it's actually still processing rather than thinking it's locked up ?
This sounds like the same issue I’ve hit with the recent versions of the vst loaders. It’ll be the number of VST3 plugins you have. You may find if you remove the vst3 shell plugin it’ll load quickly again, although obviously you’d only have VST2 plugins available then (I’ve not actually tried this, I just use an older version of the vst loader with original buzz)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

richb wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:02 pm This sounds like the same issue I’ve hit with the recent versions of the vst loaders. It’ll be the number of VST3 plugins you have. You may find if you remove the vst3 shell plugin it’ll load quickly again
Think you're right - just seen your message here: viewtopic.php?p=17148#p17148
Eventually managed to get reBuzz to load after 3 sessions of ~90 minutes starting the application, and now it takes around 30 seconds to a minute to start, and around a minute to load any vst3. So I'm guessing VST3s are still best avoided in Buzz-land ?

(I can't actually get [old] Buzz to scan my VST3 folder, but maybe that's for the best given what effect it seems to have on performance :D )
thepedal

Post by thepedal »

I don't seem to be able to find any references to this error on here. Anyone know the quick fix before I fill my machine with crappy dlls from the past!

64bit Windows 11 Pro btw

Tried directx installer.. No beans...
Tried 'dependencies' (Dependency Walker update) .. nothing obvious..
Even tried winddbg but don't really know what I'm looking at..
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-09-17 225727.png
Screenshot 2024-09-17 225727.png (159.74 KiB) Viewed 353 times
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

thepedal wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:58 pm I don't seem to be able to find any references to this error on here. Anyone know the quick fix before I fill my machine with crappy dlls from the past!

64bit Windows 11 Pro btw

Tried directx installer.. No beans...
Tried 'dependencies' (Dependency Walker update) .. nothing obvious..
Even tried winddbg but don't really know what I'm looking at..
I have the same OS but not this error while starting ReBuzz. I have version 23H2 installed.
W11 restricts the folder access in security center, that makes sometime probs to start buzz. Did you check it?
Net 8 and C redistributable are probably installed by default.
I had to install an older c redistributable because of a missing dll.
Last edited by HerrFornit on Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Googled that specific error code and it looks like it's due to missing libraries, most probably (knowing Buzz) it'll be some Visual C++ runtime libraries

Try grabbing this and installing the x64 version to see if that sorts it - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=26999
thepedal

Post by thepedal »

w00t! Thanks very much. That "Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1" installer did it. Now to see what this ReBuzz capable of :dance:
thepedal

Post by thepedal »

Truly impressive stuff so far wde!

Anyone found how to get Qsamo to load? There's a 'Jeskola Qsamo.GUI.dll' file in my main Buzz gear folder but I was under the impression it was a 'builtin' so perhaps that's a dummy or something? ReBuzz doesn't complain about it like some others which need various files in place to resolve, it just doesn't load it and offer you it in the machines menu at all.

This is what Buzz reports so I guess these only exist within the Buzz executable and therefore can't be pulled out as separate units.

00:03 [Startup] Load Machines
00:03 [MM] Read 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Jeskola\Buzz\Gear\gear_defaults.xml'
00:03 [MM] Load internal machine pack
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Wave Input'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Wave Output'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Mixer'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola AuxSend'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Aux Return'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Reverb 2'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Groove 1'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Modulator'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'MultiIOTest'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Crossover'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Channel Mixer'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Filter 3'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Qsine'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Qsamo'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Relativion'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Loop Recorder'
00:03 [MM] Add machine 'Jeskola Arpeggiator'
00:03 [MM] Search 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Jeskola\Buzz\Gear\'

Also I get a popup which just hangs saying "Load New Pattern Editor Data...". This is on loading some full tunes which I regularly play in regular Buzz. Is that perhaps from the several Qsamos not being available to load?
IXix

Post by IXix »

Qsamo and other things are part of the (still secret) Buzz code and thus don't exist in ReBuzz. :(

It hurts, I know.
thepedal

Post by thepedal »

Contemplating buying Corona if ReBuzz really takes off but I'm not sure moving presets from Qsamo to Corona will be much fun.