What machine for Wavetable

Nerva

What machine for Wavetable

Post by Nerva »

Hello.

I am a French user. I use Buzz since quite a lot of time but with its basic functions. I would like to know what machine to use to play WAV files stored in the Wavtable.

Thanks.
Evelon

Re: What machine for Wavetable

Post by Evelon »

uTracker (machine):
http://batman.no/buze/beta/Fuzzpilz%20U ... acker2.dll

Matilde Tracker (machine):
http://www.buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=1058
http://batman.no/buze/beta/Matilde%20Tracker3.dll

There are other trackers/samplers here (use the search):
http://www.buzzmachines.com

edit: and let's not forget about LD Grain. Lovely machine!
Last edited by Evelon on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nerva

Post by Nerva »

Thanks, it's good... ;)
Mozart von Robot

Post by Mozart von Robot »

I sometimes use SampleGrid Switch for percussion, if i've got lots of one-shots to manage.
I sometimes use WhiteNoise's Drummer (the first one) for longer (mono) samples, since it has four-digit offset, which is pretty good for chopping, and a speed parameter that can tune by percent and also reverse samples. I also sometimes use the same machine for kicks and snares, since it has a sort of dirty sound to it that tends to work for drums.
Matilde Tracker is good for chromatic resampling of stereo instrument sounds, and has some decent extra functions, including offset, so I sometime use it for chopping stereo samples, though it's only two digits so it's not as precise.
Looper 2 is pretty good for matching drum loops to the tempo; has four-digit offset and a couple other functions, so it's can do some basic break mangling as well.
Nerva

Post by Nerva »

I use now Mathilde Tracker.

Sample Grid don't work. When I drag the machine, a message box says it don't find BTDSys SampleGrid Out.dll while all the files are present in the directory.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

BTDSys SampleGrid 2 BETA 061110 Core.dat needs to be in gear\ not gear\generators\

i think fixing that may stop samplegrid giving you the error.
Nerva

Post by Nerva »

No file called core.dat in the package...
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

see the link ix posted in the other thread, that has all the latest files
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

personally im a big fan of utrk .. mainly because it has separate columns for retrig
tho yeah many machines within Buzz to play WAVs from the wave table . really just depends on what exactly your trying to do ..
Nerva

Post by Nerva »

Question about Mathlide Tracker. I don't manage to adjust the volume of samples with the cursor "Volume" in the parameters of the machine. When I modify the position of the cursor, the sound falls or increases in secret then returns at the level of base. For the moment, I thus modify the volume in mode Pattern but that is not as well flexible as a regulation makes once for all on the little mixer of the tracker. Bug ?
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

No that's how it works, the volume returns to default on each new sample/note.

I tend to write melodies without volume when using it first, then get a decent level for the generator as a whole before starting to add the volume effects within mtrk. I guess its a trade off between ease of sketching ideas (for which mtrk is great) and ease of finished complicated tracks (which is a bit of a pain because of this)..