Export / Import Pattern , Remove Unused Patterns

strobotone

Export / Import Pattern , Remove Unused Patterns

Post by strobotone »

I remember a time when we where able to import and export patterns. (using PatternUtilities by CyanPhase)
How to do it now?

Also, is there a way to remove unused patterns?

thanks !
UNZ

Re: Export / Import Pattern , Remove Unused Patterns

Post by UNZ »

why not use a template with patterns
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

yes. i am using this function too.
but what if you want to import just a single or specific patterns too an already existing machine.
you would then put the saved template in the machineview, open the pattern in question and copy/paste it to the pattern of the other machine.

still fast way to do but i was just curious if templating a specific pattern is easily possible.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

yeah i dont think thats possible right now, short of manual copy pasting... i agree it would be nice
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

The new pattern editor will have templates.
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

sounds good.
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

This would save many old songs which use old beta machines. I was thinking of doing some hex editing to try and copy triggers from an old version of Samplegrid 2 to the newer version which doesn't crash. Is there a way to do this? The triggers are byte switches so they could be copied to another machine that has the same number of columns, but 30+ patterns of data is a lot to manually copy over. Can I just switch the name in the buzz file with the newer Samplegrid 2 dll? I know they're not backwards comparable, but would the triggers perhaps be in the same place? This is all assuming that the BMX format doesn't store parameters from machines that don't have data in them... But that'd be too easy..

I'm eagerly awaiting the new pattern editor. It'll be fun convert songs into templates of raw pattern data that can be dropped anywhere...