recursive subpattern trigger?

DJ Saint-Hubert

recursive subpattern trigger?

Post by DJ Saint-Hubert »

ahaha this is kind of a stupid feature request but I noticed Pattern XP's subpattern trigger seems only to go one layer down, as in if pattern 1 triggers pattern 2, and pattern 2 has a trigger for pattern 3, only 2 would be triggered when pattern 1 plays. This might crash/freeze Buzz if pattern 1 triggers 2 and 2 triggers 1 or something like that, though. But I'd love to mess around with tracks made entirely from one huge chain reaction of subpatterns

To elaborate I would like it if subpatterns could trigger subpatterns within the triggered subpattern and do so to infinity potentially
oskari
Site Admin

Re: recursive subpattern trigger?

Post by oskari »

It should work. Try some early build, maybe I broke it later.
DJ Saint-Hubert

Re: recursive subpattern trigger?

Post by DJ Saint-Hubert »

Nope, doesn't work with build 1199 (I assume that's early enough or is that too early)

it would be nice if pattern 1 could call itself and stuff like that too, like two instances of the pattern at once. The whole thing is pretty confusing honestly

But yeah, I tried to do a 1 --> 2 --> 1 repeating loop with one initial trigger but it doesn't work

so um another way to put it would be one pattern could set off a kind of tree structure, like 1 calls 2,3 and 3 calls 1 and all the parts of the tree play simultaneously (just once for each I guess so the stack doesn't overflow in the first 30 seconds)

Code: Select all

1 --> 2
       3 --> 1 --> 2
                      3 -->...