Midi Keyjazzing Problem - No Sustain

zelix

Midi Keyjazzing Problem - No Sustain

Post by zelix »

Hi everybody!

Trying to keyjazz via midi using an oxygen25 via polac midi in and midi bus II (and some other ways described here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142

I am crashing often but what currently bothers me is that generators like Jeskola Bass 3 only make short sounds though I hold down keys. Any idea why that could be?

It also happens with the oomek aggressor 303.

Btw. is it somehow possible to keyjazz via the computer keyboard? I would have that expected to be the default behavior.
mcbpete

Re: Midi Keyjazzing Problem - No Sustain

Post by mcbpete »

You'll have no sustain on those machines as they're not meant to be sustained, just triggered. You can adjust the length of the notes in the pattern to however many ticks you want (in the case of Bass 3) but that's about it. For sustained sounds you'd have to try a different instrument (eg Zephod's VoidLead).

You can sort of KeyJazz by just creating a blank pattern and then play around in the notes column (it's what I generally do), though you can load the machine through Polac VSTi loader if you want to KeyJazz directly through the GUI but I don't generally bother as the previous method is fine for my use.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

Some machines like infector supports midi, then you can keyjazz with buzz's Midi Keyboard, just set the midi channel in infectors attribute to one. To get the keyboard press the KB button. (The KB button might not be visible , so you have to click the arrow on the right top corner (left of the gray sphere) to get a drop down menu).

You can also use polac MIDI Buss together with a vst that has MIDI send, to keyjazz on generators that dont support midi. But then you might prefer to play the gen straight from pvst.

Oh, I saw some of this or all was already written in the link you posted. :oops:
zelix

Post by zelix »

thanks for your answers.
mcbpete wrote:[...]
You can sort of KeyJazz by just creating a blank pattern and then play around in the notes column (it's what I generally do), [...]
:oops: yeah, that should do the job.