returning from a break

Somatic

returning from a break

Post by Somatic »

Hi all
Nice to see Buzz up and running still...I've been on a break from making music since about 2011ish. Just wondering if someone can point me in the direction of general changes/updates...not 2-3 years worth, just links I'll need to know...I'm guessing Buzz.exe has been updated right?

just went to buzzchurch forums and saw that closed, so that's at least something i know about.

Thanks!

edit: to get me up and running, i'm wondering if i can drag my generators/fx folders over without problems; a recent index file would be very helpful to make me aware of defunct machines. A list of machines that instantly close Buzz would be helpful, as ive got a number of old tunes that i cant load because of this (i'm aware of the old technique of taking machines out the folder one-by-one til the culprit is found, but a shortcut to this would be greatly appreciated).
n3wjack

Re: returning from a break

Post by n3wjack »

I installed the new buzz and copied all my old machines over and haven't really run into any major issues.
It's a lot more stable AFAIK. Machine crashes don't seem to take buzz down quite that quickly anymore, which is nice.
I didn't update any index file because you can now just start typing on the machine view and get all machines matching the typed substring, or use the search panel on the left.
Not that much need for an index anymore, as long as the machines have a bit of a logical name. :D