Uninstall Podolski Vst3

xenobioz

Uninstall Podolski Vst3

Post by xenobioz »

After I uninstalled podolski Vst3 version its still listed in buzz. If i open it I get a small blank window.
I can not find it anywhere on my harddrive. So I guess pvsti must have some file or registry entry were its still listed. I tried to rescan all vsts but it's still there. :?:
polac

Re: Uninstall Podolski Vst3

Post by polac »

You have to rescan the vsti3shell.dll/vsti3shell.x64.dll via preferences->scan shell. The shell plugins are not updated automatically unfortunately, I avoid to rescan all shell plugins on startup to speed up things.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

I tried it now but it's still there. :?
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

I can't remember exactly where it is (the Buzz subfolder in %appdata% maybe) but I seem to remember there's a file that stores the details of all the VSTs in and if you rename it to .old (or delete it, though the former is less dangerous if you've gone wrong as you can just remove the .old again) it'll force Buzz to recheck all the VSTs again.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

I have a PVST DATA folder with a plugins.dat file in which podolski was listed. But removing it did not help either.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

I know you must have checked this already but after you uninstalled the VST did you make sure the .dll actually got deleted from your VST folder? Have you a separate one just for Buzz that you copied from the Program Files\VST Plugins and it's still remaining (or a part of the machine shell as a similarly named .dll ?)
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

I don't remember how I uninstalled it. But when I saw it was still listed in buzz I tried to look if the dll was still left somewhere. I could not find it anywhere.
Also IIRC i could not get it to work, maybe because I had an old PVSTI version, the normal vsti worked though.
polac

Post by polac »

All vst3 plugins are stored in the program files\common files\ folder. Check if there still a podolski.vst3 file, if yes delete it and try to rescan again.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

Great! It was there indeed.
I deleted it and rescanned the shell and now it not appearing anymore.
The search function in windows is really crappy, since it didn't find it.

Thanks! :D